ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ - 𝑰 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒀𝒐𝒖

[Episode 22 - Founder's Day - 1]

The town bustles around with people of all ages. I walk along with Carol Lockwood as she freaks out "No, no, no, no, no! It's all wrong! The marching band should be in front of the Historic Society. Matt, get up on the float!" she almost hyperventilates.

I place a hand on her shoulder calmly "Mrs. Lockwood, it's alright, I'll handle this, you can check with the others, and there's still an hour left, this will beautiful... Breathe..." I smile.

Thankfully, she relaxes and walks off, probably finding a drink to accompany her voice "Boys, please put up chairs on the Founders' Float" I ask just as someone holds me and lifts me up from behind. 

I yelp to be put down and when that does happen after a whirl, I look at Tyler "Hel-lo Mr. Lockwood. What say?" I curtsy and jerk open my hand-fan.\

He laughs "You look spectacular. Here to impress somebody?" I nod, motioning him forward and whisper in his ear "Everyone" We laugh and his gaze travels over my shoulder "Hey, that's Stefan and his brother right?" he asks. I follow his look and sure, Stefan's standing there all 1864-y with a modernly clad Damon "Yea. Why do you ask?"

"Nothing...." he trails off sheepishly.

"Tyler? What?"

"Damon suddenly came up to me the day before the dance that day and got all... in my face"

"In your face?" I ask, no one gets in Tyler's face and goes without a black eye. At least not humans.

"Yea, he was warning me to treat you right and stuff" he laughs. I stand smiling, shocked, Damon said that?

"What did you say?" I ask and he laughs "Girl, I'm like, I said it straight up, I'm not dating you, you're my best friend after Matt, and you're cool to be around" he amends as if he thought wrong about our friendship. 

I chuckle "Three musketeers" we high-five and he talks about his mom's latest desperations. He tries to set his bow tie but evidently, he tied it, because the ribbon falls off the third second he tries to touch it. I laugh and hand him my fan "Here, I learnt to tie it in the morning"

"You're an angel"

"I know" I mock and concentrate on tying it. We need to get on the floats in approximately half-hour and being the awesome person I am, I left my watch and phone with Jenna.

"Um, Kat..." he whispers into my ear and I nudge him back, "What?"

"Stefan's getting ready to kill me" Tyler murmurs jokingly. My brows furrow as I try to look behind but Tyler stops me "Don't look. He'll know I'm talking about him" he'll already knows since he's a vampire but whatever, I oblige my friend and stay with my back to Stefan.

"How is he ready to kill you? Axe? Sword?" I mock. Tyler shakes his head as he steps back a bit "Neither, but his glare seems pretty weaponized" 

I smirk, snatching the fan back from him "I'll see you later then, don't go all Bruce-Lee on anyone" I warn and turn as he walks away.

I see Stefan on the far end of the field and smile. I walk towards them and see his and Damon's faces go white when they see me. "I know I'm gorgeous, but you don't have to stare to prove it" I smirk but it drops just a tad bit when I see Elena send me a glare. I gather myself.

"So, I wanted to talk to you both..." Stefan begins.

"Yes?"

"And... Um..."