✔ | 9 - 𝑺𝒑𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑫𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒌

𝐒𝐩𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐃𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤

𝐒𝐩𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐃𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤

- - -
'Cause girls like you run' round with guys like me
'Til sun down when I come through

Girls Like You
~ Maroon 5
- - -

Harried, yet smiling, Kat walks out of her father's car. Jenna insisted on parking the car and stealing into the party from the back instead of through the radar. 

Despite not having time to dress in leisure, Kat felt a surge of beauty maker her smile from within. Apparently Caroline wasn't joking when she said 'Violet rocks Violet', because Elena couldn't have possibly pulled off this dress with her hat. Her curly hair fluttered till her waist from under her hat as she click-clacked in her stilettos towards the grand door of the Lockwood Mansion. 

It was a house she was welcomed and used to spending her time in. She had many memories of Mason and his time with her and Tyler in that very house. When Mason left town, Tyler just preferred to crash at hers after a game night instead of having to talk to his dad. But Kat was a Gilbert, and a friend of Caroline's. So it was safe to say that she was dragged along to organize every party in the Mayor's mansion— which seemed to be every other week. Since Caroline planned this one with Mrs. Lockwood, Kat expected to find her best friend somewhere inside the walls - ordering the caterers around. 

Just as Kat walked behind some other people in front of the threshold, Stefan and Elena intercept her, "Kat, you're late!"

She smirks, tipping her hat with a slight wink, "I prefer the term fashionably timed, and oh," she raises her eyebrows at her twin, "I told you the orange is your color today,"

Stefan rolls his eyes as Elena tightens her hold on him. Kat saw Stefan, okay maybe she more than just saw Stefan, but all she knew was that she didn't have words to describe him. It was Stefan's first party in Mystic Falls in this decade (at least) and oh boy did he look dressed to kill. It wasn't just his sharp black suit that made Kat's eyes widen— it was him. Stefan was at ease, oozing confidence and gentleman aura like a billion bucks. And it was one of the first time Kat actually saw the little dimples on his cheek very close to his lips when he smiled.

Kat chuckled awkwardly to cover up where her thoughts were taking her as they all proceeded towards the line at the door. She was beside Stefan, on the other side as her twin. However, instead of unabashedly hanging onto Stefan's hand like Elena, Kat's both hands gripped her clutch tightly. 

Lowering her head, she whispers to Stefan, "Is Damon here?"

Speak of the Devil and he shall appear. Before Stefan could answer, Damon's smug voice rings behind her, making her jump, "Hello Katherine."