✔ | 15 - 𝑶𝒌𝒂𝒚, 𝑪𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕 𝑫𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒂𝒌

𝐎𝐤𝐚𝐲, 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐃𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐤

𝐎𝐤𝐚𝐲, 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐃𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐤

- - -
It's not like it used to be
Whatever happened to me

Open Arms
~Gary Go
- - -

A week later, at the Salvatore Boarding House

Kat Gilbert had been a different girl before. Before everything had gone haywire in her life. Her parents drove off a bridge, she blamed her drinking for their death. She buried her annoying personality and thought before she said something to others.

And that transformation was hard. 

It somehow put her on edge that she had to see her friend go through a transformation herself, but in a different sense. Stefan had been teaching Vicki Donovan to hunt animals and repress her hunger instincts for a whole week.

That was one whole week of teetering in uncomfortable skin around Vicki, Jeremy, and Elena. The hours after school and the nights passed by like a jiffy. 

Before, when he let her in, Damon used to emit something short of a sigh and something long of a grunt when he let Kat in. But eventually his sounds turned silent as he concentrated more her silence to him. A silent truce which wasn't all that bad with this particular vampire.

Kat was the one who made it clear that Damon hadn't turned Vicki into a vampire (in Vicki's absence of course). Vicki said that she blacked out from behind and woke up at the edge of the forest. But no words were exchanged about the older Salvatore's inexplicable behavior the day he spent with Kat tied up.

Kat mentally wrote 'Day 8' on her checklist to check off in 12 hours that day. Those were the only 12 hours that she got to spend with Stefan. The rest of her free time was left to convince Caroline that what happened that day was all a big prank and trying to do damage control with Elena. Her twin was miserable and with Jenna was spending time at Whitmore, leaving the whole Gilbert residence at the helm of Kat.

"I don't understand why I have to stay cooped up here" Vicki pouts as she looks through the crack of the curtain to see sunlight "Why can't I just go home?"

Kat pushes herself out of her thoughts and smiles with a motherly smile, "Because you're changing, Vicki. It's not something you wanna do alone... How about we try that speed thing again huh?"

When they were little, Grayson Gilbert often took all the girls to the annual carnival where they spent their time riding foolish rollercoasters and eating cheap cotton candy. The moment Vicki realized that she had the cool power of superspeed on her side, she spent the entire first day whooshing around to every nook and corner of the Salvatore Boarding House.