✔ | 14 - 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝑻𝒐

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐓𝐨

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐓𝐨

- - -
I'm not ready to let go
'Cause then I'd never know
What I could be missing

Down
~Jason Walker
- - -

At the Gilbert residence

Stefan paces on the Gilbert porch, wringing his hands. Kat leans against the pillar, her eyes still taking in the fact that her baby twin sister knows about vampires. And that Vicki is one. Kat had spent her whole life around Vicki, catching her whenever she fell. But the elder Gilbert wasn't sure just her company would help Vicki this time around.

"He wouldn't do that" the younger Salvatore insists a thousandth time. And as much as Kat hates to admit, she agrees. Damon never killed Vicki to make her a vampire, he made her leave before that.

"I was with him Stefan," Kat sighs, now in a new pair of fresh clothes, "He's not in his head, but he didn't kill Vicki. He let her go, I saw him."

Just then, they hear commotion flutter through inside the house and then the silhouette of Vicki running away from the backdoor of Kat's house.

"Vicki! Vicki!" Kat tries calling out to her only to intercepted by Matt and Jeremy. She scoffed in irritation at the interruption but stops anyway.

"She was fine, and then she just...she just freaked out!"

"I'm gonna go look for her. Call me if you hear anything" Matt hurries towards his truck with a worried gaze directed across the street. Elena nods in silent communication, rushing Jeremy inside.

Stefan leans over to Kat, whispering, "I can track her"

"I'll take the ring, let's check the forest" she whispers right back. Stefan hesitates but slips the piece of significant jewelry into her hand and rushes off as fast as he could in front of humans.

In the evening, in the forest

Kat staggers over another branch in the dark before she finds Vicki's huddled form against a crypt. Her body racks loudly with sobs, making Kat's heart break. The only time she heard her friend so distraught was when her mother had left her.

"Vicki..." Kat slowly kneels in front of her, hand gently skimming on Vicki's shoulder.

"I'm starting to remember things," Vicki sobs, "What he is, what he said. I remember you. The hospital, the...the rooftop, it's all coming back. What's happening to me?!"