✔ | 20 - 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑮𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

- - -
❝Shot through the heart
And you're to blame❞

You Give Love a Bad Name
~ Bon Jovi
- - -

Despite the many warning signs, Lexi insisted on celebrating Stefan's first birthday back in Mystic Falls with a decent party. Little did Stefan's friend know how 'decent' the party would be. Caroline Forbes seemed to be outdoing herself with the buzz going on around town about a sexy big party in the Grill.

Lexi sent Kat back home with a smack on her ass to dress sexy. The wink she sent after her gave a foreboding thought that she was trying to get Kat and Stefan together, or something far from comfortable. Kat wanted to kick herself for agreeing to her.

It was Stefan's birthday and Elena had just broken up with him. Kat herself had just gone through a change that would change the face of her whole life, maybe even harm people. But Stefan was the one constant presence that grounded her in this chaos. She did not want to lose that for some silly school-girl crush on an immortal being.

In these muddled thoughts, Kat pulled up in her driveway. The Virginia sun was merciful that day, lightly filtering from in between giant clouds instead of beating down on her like a giant hammer.

But Kat would have preferred the glaring sun over what stood in her driveway any day. Elena stood on the porch with a strap-on bag in her hands as she watched Jenna lock the door to their house. Her look was anything but kind when she noticed Kat pull up in her car.

"You're late." the straight-haired twin gritted out, yanking open Jenna's car door with surprising vigor.

They had to give statements for Vicki's 'disappearance'. Shit.

Kat wished she stayed back up at the boarding house. Maybe Elena and Stefan were ready to face what happened the night of Halloween, but she was not. It was the night she killed one of her best friends, a sister and someone who was loved by her brother. Every time she thought of Vicki, a shiver shot up her spine, wracking her with guilt. She wanted to whoosh away to some forlorn place and relive that mistake over and over again just to trouble herself. It was a matter of someone's life. Kat did not feel like a high school girl anymore. Her conscience now felt weighed down by what blood she thought she had washed off days ago. 

"Are you coming or not?

Kat sighed.

She wanted permission to punch her sister to Alabama and back. And with her current emotional state, she might as well.