✔ | 25 - 𝑫𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝑴𝒐𝒗𝒆

𝐃𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐞

𝐃𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐞

- - -
There was something in the air that night
The stars were bright, Fernando

Fernando
~ ABBA
- - -

The next morning, there was a skip in her step, a smile on her lips and a hum at the back of her throat. Though her eyes were dry and red from a lack of sleep, she didn't feel that obstructed by her senses. It all had to do with how she didn't set her papers on fire again, and that Jeremy had gotten out his. He was sketching again, excitedly showing her a new flash portrait that he had made of her when she was watching Mamma Mia! with Jenna last night. Only then had she realized how emotional a few sheets of paper and a bunch of crowded lines could make her.

No, Elena hadn't called or texted a status update about Bonnie, nor had Caroline picked any of her calls up. But Kat was adamant about being happy that day. She needed the spirit, mostly since it was the day of Mystic High's Annual Career Fair for the seniors. She couldn't wait to be in that crowd of curious people trying on different futures like heels or clothes. There was a sense of power and control that came with imagination. Kat Gilbert craved that power once in a while.

Life might be all good again. That night she was going to get a taste of what exactly her career in art or literature would be, and finally Matt and Tyler could tell her about what they planned. Matt would probably choose a serious job, like a tin-foil astronaut or firefighter. Tyler would have no idea what he'd want to be so it would be time for Kat to yet again present her Florida plan.

Kat pinged Caroline one last time that morning— half hour before school— to ask her if she needed a ride or a coffee with it. Contrary to Caroline's usual quick crowd of replies sent sentence by sentence or word by word, her side of the conversation that morning consisted of loading bubbles bobbing up and down for over a few minutes. In came a giant message.

Well, giant per Caroline's standards.

It was one full paragraph explaining everything from the seance that led to Bonnie and Elena 'pranking' her, her meeting with Matt. It all ended up two lines of just exclamation points. The detail that stuck in Kat's mind was that Matt stayed over at Caroline's for the night and there was no hanky-panky.

Her person deserved a medal.

Channing: And I do need a ride... See you in 15?

With a satisfied nod, Kat pocketed her phone. Jenna had been still as a stone under her covers, so Kat scribbled a quick note about some orange juice in the fridge to help with her wine-binge last night.