Wednesday 9th

~

 You know I want you

~

Yoongi shuffled through the rotating door of his office. There were already a hustle of activity inside the building. He bit his inner cheeks as he pressed his thumb on the Fingerprint Time Attendance machine. Once it beeped, Yoongi removed his finger and went further in his office. He passed the work cubicles of others to his newsroom. 

"Morning" Hoseok greeted as he entered the room.

"Morning" Yoongi smiled back to his colleague, taking his seat. 

Seconds later, the Chief Editor of the 'The Daily News' papers, Kim Namjoon, joined them in the room. Min Yoongi, was one of the newspaper's best journalist alongside Jung Hoseok. While, Hoseok covered topics for the daily newspapers, Yoongi covered articles for their online magazines. 

Yoongi was one of the office's first employee. Hoseok joining few years later.

"Morning boys" Namjoon greeted, walking inside the room wearing a grey suit over a white shirt. He shifted his square black glasses and passed the files which contained the topics that the two journalist were supposed to cover.

Yoongi reached forward to take his file but groaned immediately as he saw this topic. 

"Why me?" Yoongi complained.

Namjoon sighed, taking a seat, "Look, Yoongi I know that you don't like this topic but the public adores Park Jimin. The ratings are touching the roof because of him. You are one of our best journalist and that's why I choose you"

"I'm sick tired of this shit" Yoongi said, slamming the file on the table, "Why can't you choose Hoseok?"

Yoongi turned to his colleague who shrugged, "I got no problem in that"

Namjoon leaned back in his chair, "I know that Hoseok has no problem. But he is used to getting news related to the daily incidents. And you, Yoongi, are used to gaining information on Jimin. You know what questions to ask and how to ask them"

Yoongi ran his hand through his hair, "He hates me"

Namjoon  looked his Yoongi, raising his eyebrows, "Tell me that the feeling isn't mutual"

"No shit" Yoongi spat, "I don't even understand why people like him. What is there to like about him?"

Yoongi scowled as he looked at the picture of the famous celebrity and heartthrob, Park Jimin. He stared the the picture for a second before rolling his eyes in annoyance and closing the file.

"You don't have to like him hyung" Hoseok commented, taking his phone out and searching about the topic he was given,"By the way, what the hell is paleontologist?"

"Someone who is involved in the scientific study of life that existed prior to, and sometimes including, the start of the Holocene Epoch." Namjoon answered without missing a beat. When he looked at Hoseok's confused face, he sighed, "Fossils. Hoseok. Fossils.

"Oh okay" Hoseok hummed, "That's easy"

"Why does he get the easy stuff and I have to deal with him?" Yoongi asked, pointing accusingly to Jimin's picture.

"Min Yoongi, stop complaining like a child and get to work. Now" Namjoon answered in a stern and affirmative voice.

Yoongi groaned, rolling his eyes and muttered a 'fine'. He took his file and stormed out of the room. Namjoon and Hoseok looked at each other and then at the shorter male who angrily shut the door behind him.

Yoongi grumbled as he walked his way out of the hallway and to his office room. He put down his file and switched on his computer. After taking a quick look at the time, he did a quick research on the young male idol.

Even though, Yoongi didn't need to. He had been getting information about the idol for over six months now and he has memorized almost everything about the concerned male and probably knows as much as his fan's do. But everyday, he wised that he could somehow erase all those information and probably even be able to deny of the idol's existence.

But he couldn't.

Park Jimin was the reason he was getting paid. And as long as he continued to be the reason, Yoongi would have to swallow all the annoyance and do his job.

Yoongi went through the blog posts, fandom sites and some fan made videos to come across any interesting news about the male. Unable to find anything new, he went through the pictures that paparazzi had clicked.

Yes, paparazzi are annoying as hell, but they always managed to keep themselves updated with the celebrities lifestyle. And this made Yoongi's job easier.

As he went through the pictures, Yoongi noticed something interesting about the idol. On multiple cases, Yoongi noticed one man near or in the same picture as Jimin. Yoongi was sure that the man wasn't anyone of the staff or security because he wore rather casual yet high end clothes.

'Stalker?' Yoongi thought.

In one picture Yoongi was finally able to see the man's picture properly. 

'Wait a minute. Is that Akio?' Yoongi leaned forward, observing the man's facial features. He took out his phone and opened instagram. Typing in the name, he compared the facial features and was sure that the man was the famous celebrity rapper by the stage name Aiko. 

"Damn...an affair?" Yoongi mumbled, looking at the pictures he had found so far.

He shot up his seat, taking his car keys, camera and phone. He shot out, running cross his office hall and to the elevator. He quickly pressed the button to the ground floor and waited for the elevator door to close.

"Hey wait for me!" Yoongi stopped the doors from closing when he saw Hoseok running towards the elevator.

As the younger male ran in, huffing and leaning on the cold metal wall, Yoongi let the doors close.

"Thank for waiting hyung" Hoseok panted out. 

"Why are you running?" Yoongi asked, amused with his colleague's red face.

"So, I found about the paleontologist. He is leaving  city today at 3 pm and won't be back before 13th" Hoseok answered

Yoongi looked at  his watch and saw this Hosoek still had 6 hours before the paleontologist left, "It's 9 am"

Hoseok nodded, "I know but I want to get as much information as I can. Plus, there is no guarantee that I would be able to talk to him today. Most likely his assistance will schedule out the meet for some other day"

Yoongi hummed and walked out of the elevator when the doors opened at the ground floor. 

"Going after Jimin?" Hoseok asked as the two walked towards the entrance of the building.

"Nah, gonna go hang around" Yoongi answered, walking through the rotating gates. He heard Hoseok chuckle beside him.

"Bye hyung. See you later" Hoseok said.

"Bye" Yoongi replied back, and got inside his car. He put his key in the ignition and started driving.

'What do you have for me, Park Jimin' Yoongi thought as he drove down the busy city road.

~

(Written: 14-06-2020)

(Published:15-07-2020)

First chapter and I hoped you liked it! To be honest, I hope that you like all the stories that I have written so far (in case you have read them)

Definitely didn't do a subtle self promo. Nuh-uh. Dunno, what you're talking about.