Sunday 13th

~

You claim it's not in the cards

~

Jimin groaned, blinking his eyes open, adjusting to the sunlight barging into the room. Immediately he stopped feeling the pillow beneath his head. He knew right away that this wasn't his bed. 

He looked around, his heart racing in his chest when he discovered the unfamiliar room. He heard the door open and shut his eyes, pretending to be asleep. He stayed put as footsteps entered the room. They stopped right beside the bed before moving away.

"Jimin, you may be a great singer and dancer but you're horrible at acting" The idol almost reacted hearing the familiarity of the voice. 

"Jeez, kid get up, I know you're awake" Jimin peeked his eyes open, seeing Yoongi roll his eyes. 

Slowly, the idol got up, glaring at the other male.

"What?" Yoongi asked, raising his eyebrows, "What are you glaring at me for?"

"What the hell did you do to me?" Jimin asked. His voice dropping an octave.

Yoongi rolled his eyes again, crossing his arms against his chest, "Saved you from public humiliation. Gave you a place to spend the night. Oh and did I mention, I helped you after you oh-so graciously threw up right in front of my apartment"

Then the memories from last night slowly came to Jimin. His face going pale in an instant. 

"I-I need to leave" Jimin said, standing up.

"Yeah, I would love that too. But-" Yoongi pointed to himself, "I have manners and also know how to take care of guests"

Jimin shook his head, "Tha-thank you for that. But I-I have to lea-leave"

Jimin missed the shocked look on Yoongi's face that slowly changed to a worried on. Jimin started feeling sick again; rubbing his palms and tapping his feet anxiously.

"Hey, are you okay?" Yoongi asked. Jimin noticed that he was about to take a step back but stopped.

"I'm fine!" Jimin shot back impatiently. 

Yoongi pressed his lips in a thin line and nodded, "Okay. I..uh...made some eggs. You can have it if you want. If you don't, I can call you cab or do you want to call someone from the agency?"

"I'll be fi-fine with the cab" Jimin stuttered, walking towards the door. 

He checked down to see that he was still wearing the costume from yesterday's party. He sighed, realizing he couldn't go out in these without attracting attention immediately. 

"You need some clothes?" Jimin stopped and turned to see Yoongi looking at him with raise brows. 

Jimin bit his inside cheeks, glaring at the other before huffing out a yes. Yoongi rolled his eyes and walked back into his room to get the idol some mudane clothes. Jimin took this time to look around the house. 

It wasn't anything great. If anything, Jimin wondered how Yoongi able to live comfortably in this shabby apartment. But even then, there was something that Jimin could never find in any of those five stared and seven stared hotels he had stayed in.  He ran his hand over the rough yet soft material of the couch. It made him think if his dad still used the couch to read his newspaper or if they got a new couch. The idol's eyes soften a little, wondering if would ever get to meet his parents without the saesangs and dispatch following after. 

But every time he looked in the mirror and saw the perfect idol. One with perfect mannerism, perfect posture, perfect moves, perfect face. A perfect doll. Jimin sometimes thought if his fans would even listen to his songs if he didn't look how did. Appearance is after all, what everyone is running after.

"There you go" Jimin turned to see Yoongi throwing some clothes on the couch before walking into his kitchen, "Use the room or the bathroom. Whatever, I don't care"

He pressed his lips together and nodded, even though Yoongi was facing his back towards him. He quietly picked up the clothes and went to get changed. As he was taking off his shirt, he noticed a photo frame of Yoongi with someone else. 

Curiosity got the better of him and he picked up the frame to take a better look at the picture. He gasped quietly when he saw Yoongi together with Nico. Upon looking at the picture again, Jimin realized that the picture must have been before Nico's debut, since the idol stuck to bright colors during his time. But in this picture, his hair was jet black and unevenly cut. 

But sadly, Nico was no more. Five years in his career, he committed suicide. No one ever knew the reason why. Jimin himself had never come across Nico personally, but he had seen his performance and had a great deal of respect for Nico. 

"Were they friends?" Jimin asked to himself, putting down the frame and wearing the shirt that Yoongi had given him. 

Before Jimin could look around the room any further, he heard a knock on the door followed by Yoongi asking him to hurry since the idol was already behind his daily schedule. Jimin quickly got changed his pants and went to open the door. 

He noticed a empty bag hanging from the door's handle. And the idol was pretty sure that it wasn't present when he entered the room.

"Take the clothes in the bag" Yoongi's voice was heard before Jimin could question anything.

Jimin bit his lips, putting the clothes in the bag and walking down the corridor to the living room. 

"Th-thank you" Jimin stuttered out. It's not that Jimin found it hard it hard to express his gratitude, but the fact that he had been unreasonably cold towards the journalist was making him feel guilty. 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Don't mention it" Yoongi replied back, "Now hurry up and get out of my house"

Jimin rolled his eyes, and huffed out. He was planning to say sorry for his actions but hearing that, he changed his decision in an instant. If anything, Jimin was trying his best to bite back his reply. 

"I'll send back the clothes after having them cleaned" Jimin muttered walking towards the door.

"No thanks, I don't want them back" Yoongi responded curtly.

"Why do you hate me?" Jimin asked, having enough of Yoongi's behavior. Even though the idol knew that he too was being rude to the other.

"I could ask you the same question" 

Jimin inhaled deeply and turned to the door. After how he had behaved with the journalist, the idol thought he should answer some of his questions. 

"Sometimes, you're completely helpless

Yoongi stared at the idol with confusion written all over his face. But before he could ask what he meant, the purple head bowed and walked out of the apartment.

~

(Written: 20-06-2020)

(Published: 19-07-2020)

Quote: 

And maybe you'll hear my silent cries

Hear me when no one else does.

But the question is...

Will you be there for me, 

When no one else is?

-Luna_aka_Blade