Friday 18th

~

What if we rewrite the stars?

~

Jimin huffed and panted hard as he executed the last steps for his choreography. To his side, Jungkook and Taehyung were practicing with each other, helping each other to perform their dance better.

"Okay, ten minutes break" The choreographer called out.

Immediately the idols were on the floor, rolling about and groaning as their muscles relaxed. Jimin turned to his side to see, Taehyung and Jungkook playing among themselves, before looking up and staring at the ceiling.

He thought about yesterday. Telling Yoongi about everything was a huge risk, but something about the way he urged to trust him made Jimin have seconds thoughts. After that, Jimin spent almost an hour telling Yoongi about as much as he could since the idol had to go back to his company.

Then slowly, his mind went back to all the previous interaction with the journalist. For as far as he could remember, the journalist had been tagging after him for almost six months now.

There was something about that male. Even if Jimin had paid little to no attention to him before, now he noticed a lot of things about him. But it was only because, Jimin's life and career were all depended up on him. If not for that, he and Yoongi would still be strangers and annoyed with each other's presence.

He thought of how Yoongi behaved with no just him, but any other idol. And after each interaction, Jimin came to only conclusion. Yoongi was not like the others.

"Hyung" Jungkook called, breaking the purple head's chain of thoughts.

Jimin hummed in response, turning to face the younger who was sitting beside. He noticed that Taehyung too was sitting right above his head. If the two of them were together and asking for Jimin, it usually meant that they were up to something or wanted to ask him something personal.

"So...you see Taehyung and I had made this bet...and um...we had something to ask you"

There it was. The purple head sighed, sitting up.

"Yeah...and what do I get from it?"

"We won't bug about it all day long" Taehyung answered, giving his iconic boxy smile.

Jimin sighed once again, knowing that there was no avoiding this. If Taehyung said something like that, it meant that they have been after this over a week, at minimum. 

"What's the question?"

Jungkook looked around to make sure no one was hearing them, "Do..you like boys?"

The eldest's cheeks flared pink, eyes widening as he hurriedly looked around to make sure no was nearby, nor did any hear the question.

"What are you even talking about?!" Jimin whispered angrily.

Taehyung clicked his tongue, "Told you he liked boys"

Jungkook scowled at him before asking Jimin the same question once again, only this time adding one more line.

"Come on, is it just boys or like, do yuou have a little bit attraction to girls as well?"

Jimin shushed the youngest, asking him to tone down even though their voices were barely audible each other.

"Just answer us hyung!" Taehyung urged.

Jimin inhaled sharply, unsure of how to react. He hasn't ever told anyone about his sexuality apart from Yoongi and that to under compelling circumstances. Even if the people were a lot more liberal now, Jimin was way too sure that a majority of population won't hesitate to hate and loathe him if he ever told them the truth.

He let out a shaky breath, looking at the others. He flinched when the choreographer left the room, closing the door behind them. Now, the three were all alone but even then, Jimin couldn't bring up the courage to answer their question.

It would be easier to lie to them, but the lie felt heavy and bitter on his tongue.

At the same time, he didn't have the courage to let the truth fall off his lips.

That was ironic, since the three had been together for almost seven years now. They shared several secrets that they would have preferred to forget, yet Jimin couldn't utter those few words. He was scared of the judgement. Scared that his only friends, might hate him for it.

"Hyung, we know for a fact that you like boys. But the question is, are girls included or not" said Taehyung.

Jimin's cheeks turned a darker shade of red as he failed to meet his member's eyes.

"Wait!" Taehyung exclaimed, "Shit! I forgot about that girl you dated in high school"

Hearing that Jungkook let out a victorious cheer, jumping up and running around the dance room. Taehyung huffed, slumping his shoulders as he glared at Jimin. Then suddenly something came into his mind, for his eyes lit up and he grinned widely.

"That girl won't count if hyung was experimenting!" He declared.

Jungkook almost tripped hearing that. His expression quickly changing from happy to a frown. He turned to Jimin with expectant eyes, muttering strings of 'please' under his breath.

Finally, after the other two kept on pleading him with their eyes, Jimin gave in.

"Both"

Jungkook cheered once again as Taehyung looked at Jimin with a betrayed look.

"How could you do this to me?"

"What? What did I do?" Jimin gasped, looking at Taehyung.

"Now, you have to play the video game of my choice!" Jungkook announced, pointing his index finger at Taehyung as he happily danced around.

"But I don't want to play Overwatch" Taehyung whined, falling back on the ground.

The two continued to bicker among themselves to choose which video game they would be playing tonight, but Jimin tuned them out when he heard his phone ping to notify of a message. Ignoring the others, Jimin walked to where his phone was placed and opened the messaging app.

It was message form an unknown number, giving an address and time. 

~

(Written: 23-07-2020)

(Published: 24-07-2020)

Quote: 

It's hard to believe we started as stranger...
How was it, I never saw you in the crowd.
Will we still be putting smiles 
In places of our frowns?

-Luna_aka_Blade