Wednesday 30th

~

No one can say what we get to be

~

Yoongi skirted his way past the several work cubicles on the floor. He had to submit his report on music criticism before midday, but he had to keep the work aside until last day because he was busy helping Jimin. After there last meeting, Yoongi and Jimin chatted over their phone and the journalist was able to get a lot more information over the topic he was working on. 

He knocked sharply on the door to the Chief Editor's office and after getting the affirmation, he quickly walked. Inside, Hoseok was present and they seemed to be discussing over something. He was panted softly as he took a seat beside his colleague. 

"The report is splendid. There is not much work left" Namjoon complemented, keeping the brown file on the table. 

"Thank you" Hoseok smiled, taking the file in his hand. 

"Okay then, you can leave" 

Hoseok nodded and got up, quietly making his way out of the office. 

"I'm sorry I'm late" Yoongi apologized once he heard the door close behind him. 

Namjoon hummed, opening the file, "Lot of work last night?" 

"Pardon?" 

Namjoon glanced up, "Your eyes are red and there a bags underneath. You barely even combed your hair... You usually take care of your appearance" 

Yoongi sighed, leaning back, "Yeah... I was working on this file"

"Hmm, well it needs a little more work than usual but it's good" Namjoon declared, putting the file back.

Yoongi pursed his lips and nodded, "Will take care of that"

He saw that Namjoon was staring at him with narrowed eyes and his head tilted to the side.

"Is there a story that you're holding back?" He asked. 

Yoongi furrowed his brows, licking his lips, "No-No. Why do you ask?"

Namjoon rubbed his hand and inhaled deeply, "Nothing. Just a thought"

The journalist mouthed a 'okay' and leaned forward to take his file from the table. He was about to get up when Namjoon stopped. The serious look on the Chief Editor's face made him jittery. His heart picked up it's pace, sweat drops forming on his palms.

"There is something we need to discuss" Namjoon said, pulling out another file from his drawer. Yoongi found himself watching intently as the Chief Editor skimmed through the pages. 

"Your record doesn't seem really approving for.... a year" Namjoon announced, "Your works are usually submitted a few minutes before deadlines or even after the deadlines. You're late a lot of times of the year"

Yoongi bit the inside of his cheeks, waiting for Namjoon to continue.

"And...there as been a few warnings from XY company. Do you know what is important about XY company?" Namjoon asked, looking up at Yoongi.

The journalist gulped, looking away, "It's the company Park Jimin works for"

Namjoon hummed, looking back down at the file, "And your quality of work seems to have deteriorated even more this month" 

"Sir, I-" Yoongi was cut off by a motion of hand. 

Namjoon removed his glasses, putting it aside and crossing his arms over his chest, "Look, Yoongi let's be frank here. Your final results are marvelous. There is no saying in that. And that is exactly why you've been the best journalist in our team. But. There can always be more who can do your work. There are journalist whose submitted work might not be as good as yours but we can always edit it for the better. People who can submit the work before the deadline and aren't tardy"