Thursday 23rd

~

Nothing could keep us apart

~

"One more time?" Jimin asked, looking across the glass separator where the rest of his production team was present. On getting a thumbs up from their side, Jimin put on the headphones once again and got ready to sing again. 

They were working for the next album since their current album was ready to be dropped during the upcoming comeback. Yet, the stress was high for Jimin. They needed to practice for concerts and Jimin was no where near confident about his solo song.

Every time he heard his teammates sing, he felt incompetent. Taehyung's and Jungkook's were amazing in their different ways. But, Jimin found it hard to feel good about this own voice. He was scared of his voice breaking when he tried for the higher notes, or keeping his voice stable while going for the lower ones. It's this bittersweet sensation of striving to prove to yourself your capabilities only to fall victim to your insecurities.

And all those feeling of insecurities seeped through his mind and into his voice. 

"Okay stop" The producer called out, "Jimin take a break. We'll try again tomorrow. This isn't working"

The idol pressed his lips in a thin line and nodded, taking off the headphones. He put them down in their place before walking out of the recording room. 

"Jimin... this song is about about feeling good as oneself. It's supposed to be a happy song with sad undertones and not the other way around"

"I-I understand... I'll try better the next time" 

With that, the producer as Jimin to excuse him. And as Jimin was about to walk out he heard the producing team discussing among themselves whether they should give the song to the other member's instead of Jimin.

"We'll see what happens the next recording session. If he isn't able to execute properly we'll give the song to Jungkook" It was the last thing Jimin could bear to hear before he closed the door. His head hung low as he walked back to his dorm. 

"Jimin hyung!" Jungkook cheerfully called, running towards the said person. 

But Jimin didn't respond and walked away without even looking at the younger. He knew his actions weren't justifiable but at the same time he didn't want to think about his constant fails. The other was obviously confused as to why Jimin ignored him. But seeing the way, Jimin head hung low and movement seemed exhausted, Jungkook decided against calling for him once again.

Jimin walked back to his room and plopped himself on the bed. His eyes focused on nothing. He almost fell lifeless like a doll. His gaze flickered to the side when his phone vibrated. A soft grunt left his lips as he reached forward to grab it. 

It was a message from Yoongi. 

Annoying journalist

Hey