Saturday 9th

~

And I'm not the one you were meant to find

~

Jimin moaned as he laid down on the ground, stretching out his aching limbs. He rolled over on his back, pulling on his sweaty shirt that stuck  to his skin. His eyes moved up to the fogged mirror in his dance room. He had lost track of how long he had been practicing. 

"Hyung?" Jimin heard Jungkook's voice approaching the room. 

The door opened and the younger poked his head inside, blinking as he took in the scene inside the room. 

"Hyung, you shouldn't be practicing this much" Jungkook frowned, walking up to where Jimin was laying and sitting down next to him. Jimin sighed, turning to his side and closing his eyes. 

"Okay, up. Take a shower and take some rest. It's almost midnight" He heard Jungkook mutter. Then seconds later, he felt Jungkook grab on to his arm and pull him up. Jimin grumbled under his breath when he was back on his feet.

Jimin was more or less carried by Jungkook to his room and helped him lay down on the bed. Jimin waved his hand dismissively when Jungkook asked if the elder would need any help. Once the younger had left, Jimin stumbled back on his feet and went to fetch his phone. He wasn't be able to talk to Yoongi for the last two days. On Thursday, when he last met Yoongi, he wasn't able to message the elder later on. He was beyond exhausted that day and literally passed out later that day. And since then, Jimin had been practicing non-stop because he had to learn a new choreography. More so, sometimes when he was free and could've messaged Yoongi, he didn't because he thought Yoongi would be busy with his work.

He tiredly opened his phone, squinting his eyes at the intensity of the light. He opened his social media account to see what his fans were up to. But that's just the excuse. Jimin had stumbled upon Yoongi's social media account yesterday and might have been 'stalking' the elder. Though the last picture the elder had uploaded was months back. The person with Yoongi almost unrecognizable if Jimin hadn't seen the face earlier. It was Nico. Jimin felt warmth swell in him when he saw the smile on Yoongi's face. His adorable gummy smile. He wondered what was the reason that made Yoongi smile so wide and beautifully. And he wondered if he would ever be able to make Yoongi smile like that.

A content sigh tumbled off Jimin's lips as he closed the app and switched to messages. 

Jiminie

Yoongi hyung?

While Jimin waited for a response, he opened his closet and fished out somethig comfortable to wear for the night.  He was stripping off his clothes when his phone buzzed again. Jimin almost tripped trying to get his phone. Muttering curses as he threw his clothes away.

Yoonie hyung

Hmm?

Jiminie, don't tell me you're up so late practicing...

Jiminie

....yeah about that...

Yoonie hyung

😑

Aish!

anyways, are you okay?

Jiminie

Hmm, am now.

Yoonie hyung

Also, tell Taehyung that I've already deleted all the recordings and pictures.

Jiminie

Thank you hyung

Yoonie hyung

Anything for you

What are you doing?

Jiminie

Dragging myself to the bathroom

I need to take a shower

Hyung, can you call me?

Yoonie hyung

sure

Yoonie hyung is calling...

Accept   |    Decline

"Hey" Jimin couldn't help but smile when the elder's voice filled the bathroom. But along with the feeling of happiness, the bitter feeling of sadness also filled inside Jimin. He wanted to be with Yoongi, he didn't want be here. 

"Jiminie, are you okay?"

"Ye-yeah"

"You sure. Do you want me to call you later on?" 

"No-No. It's okay"

Jimin heard the elder sigh deeply. There were some more muffled sounds, like footsteps, rattling of objects before Yoongi spoke up again. 

"You seem really busy these days" Yoongi hummed.

"Yeah, we have a new choreography" Jimin replied excitedly.

"Hmm? Tell me about it?"

"You're not supposed to know" Jimin mumbled. The elder didn't answer just hummed in a manner that said- yes of course- in the most taunting way possible. Jimin puffed his cheeks, waiting for the elder to say something until he gave up.

"Okay, so the new song which I'm working on -you're not getting anything about that- it's something we haven't done before. So the choreography is a diffcult to catch up on but fun..." With that Jimin proceeded to tell very last detail of everything he had done since morning. He mentioned the silliest little thing he could remember. But after blurting it out, he would stay quiet for a moment to see how Yoongi would react. 

And each time, the elder would mutter- 'you're so adorable', 'cute', 'such a big baby' 

Jimin didn't really notice when the time passed, and he was crawling up on his bed to call it a night. 

"Comfy on your bed?" Yoongi's voice was soft, a little above a whisper.

Jimin sleepily hummed in response. 

"Goodnight Jiminie"

~

(Written: 21-08-2020)

(Published: 21-08-2020)