Sunday 19th

Say that you were meant to be mine

~

Yoongi rested his back on the railing as he scrolled through his notifications. He stopped at the messages from his boss asking about the draft for Jimin's topic; how was he supposed to say the truth to Namjoon. Yoongi looked up, letting out a sigh and putting his phone back in.

If, he publishes this story, the views would literally explode. It would make the headlines under a second and he would be famous for it. But at the same time, he couldn't do bring himself to out Jimin... just yet.

He promised himself to report the story, the moment everything clears up with the idol.

"Where is he?" Yoongi asked to no one in specific.

He had messaged the idol the timing and address two days before. Even though, he planned to meet Jimin a yesterday but had to reschedule because of the Jimin's work. And even then, he didn't have more than an hour in his hand.

He glanced at his watch, noting that it was already fifteen minutes past the planned time. He was about to message the younger about his whereabouts when he heard footsteps approach him.

"Sorry, I'm late" The idol muttered, fixing his black mask.

"Thought you won't show up" Yoongi replied, smirking, "Would have been a bad impression on our first date"

Yoongi watched with amusement, the perplexed look on the idol's face, even though more than half of his face was covered behind the mask.

"Wha-What-" The idol stuttered out as Yoongi stepped away from the railing.

"It's a joke" Yoongi replied, rolling his eyes, "Like I would want to date you"

Yoongi didn't bother to wait and watch the younger's reaction; the offended gasp said enough.

"Mister, I wouldn't date you" Jimin retorted, jabbing his finger into Yoongi's back.

The journalist stopped walking, turning his head around to look down at the finger before looking at Jimin with a raised eyebrow. The young idol gingerly retracted his hand and muttered a soft sorry.

They entered an empty café, taking one of the corner tables so that they remained unnoticed. As soon as they sat down, Yoongi took out his recorder and pressed it on.

Jimin was taken aback a little but composed himself nonetheless.

But before he could speak, a waitress walked in to take their orders.

"What can I get you gentlemen this afternoon?"

"Ah, I would have an Americano....and um..." Yoongi glanced at Jimin wondering if the idol would like something. However, the idol couldn't speak, knowing well enough that people could recognize him just by hearing his voice.

So, he pointed to one of the drinks on the menu. Yoongi nodded after understanding and placed the order. After the waitress was gone, Jimin let out a relaxed sigh.

"What do you want to know?"

Yoongi switched the recorder back on, "Everything. But, let's start with how it began, shall we?"

Jimin nodded before starting to speak up. Yoongi heard intently each word that the idol spoke. Stopping, only when the waitress came back to give their orders. By, the time Jimin was done speaking about when it started and how it started, they had already finished their cup of coffee and the limited amount of time was already nearing to an end.

But, somewhere along as Jimin spoke, Yoongi had turned off his recorder putting it aside and just listening to the younger speak.

"And then..." Jimin stopped speaking when his phone started to ring.

Yoongi nodded, when Jimin softly asked the permission to pick up his call. While the idol was on his phone, Yoongi took a look around the café to note how many people were present.

After a minute or so, Jimin had ended his call. Yoongi noted that it was almost an hour and that they had to leave.

"I'm sorry but I can't stay for longer" Jimin muttered.

"Hmm, it's okay. Our hour's up anyway" Yoongi replied, getting up to pay for their drinks. Jimin almost spoke up, trying to protest when he saw Yoongi pay the bill

"It's alright" Yoongi said, handing over the amount to the cashier.

Thankfully the street outside was far less crowded than on usual. Yoongi and Jimin didn't have to bother much about their identity. But even then, Jimin kept his head low and mask on his face so that there no chances of anyone recognizing him.

"Um... I'll message you the time and date again" Yoongi said, stuffing his recorder in the pocket of his jacket.

Jimin nodded, humming in acknowledgement. He didn't speak up for the rest of the walk; none of them minding the silence.

Right before they parted, the idol turned around and called for the journalist.

"I hate to admit it..." Jimin mumbled to himself. Nevertheless, it was audible to Yoongi.

"But...um...thanks? For today. I uh...enjoyed it" Jimin finished, sucking in a deep breath to soothe the pride. At the end of the day, they were still aggravated with each other presence.

Yoongi bit back a smile and nodded, "I enjoyed today as well"

The journalist smiled, turning around when he heard Jimin mumble a soft okay under his breath. And as much as it turned to accept it, Yoongi saw too much of Nico in Jimin. That was the only reason, why Yoongi wanted to give his best to help the idol out of the situation.

Or at least, that's what the journalist thought was the reason behind his urge to help Jimin.

~

(Written: 25-07-2020)

(Published: 25-07-2020)

Quote: 

Damn you!
I dreamed to escape from reality.
Then you waltz in...
pulling me back to the city

-Luna_aka_Blade