Saturday 25th

~

It's up to you, and it's up to me

~

Jimin was walking back to his dorms when he felt his phone buzz in his pocket. He decided to check it after he takes a shower since he was beyond exhausted from practicing all day long. As he entered the room, he locked the door behind him and threw his phone on the bed ad went inside the bathroom. 

Jimin had turned off the vibration mode so he could hear his muffled ringtone from the bathroom. He cursed underneath his breath when his ringtone continue to play several times until it was too much for the idol to ignore. 

"I swear to god if its Taetae, I'm taking away his colors" Jimin grumbled walking out and picking up his phone. 

But much to his surprise it wasn't Taehyung nor was it Jungkook. He stared at the username in confusion as to why he was calling him so late at night.

Nonetheless, Jimin slides the answer button and put his phone by his ear.

"Why the hell didn't you pick up?" Jimin rolled his eyes when he heard Yoongi complain.

 "I was busy!" 

"Jimin, I  know your practices are over by eight pm" 

Jimin scrunched up his face in confusion, "How do you know..."

Yoongi didn't reply and the line stayed silent for a minute. 

"Yoongi hyung?" 

"Ye-Yeah, so- um- just look out" 

"You possibly can't get into our compound"

He heard Yoongi curse out loud and grumble something, "Don't worry kid. I'll leave that task to your lover"

"I don't ha-"

"Just open your window and look up"

"But why?" Jimin complained. He just wanted to take a shower and go to sleep. They had early practice tomorrow. Nevertheless, Jimin trudged his way towards the nearest window. 

"You said you like to watch the night sky" Yoongi recited from his memory of two days back, "There's no cloud in the sky tonight"

Jimin gasped softly when he looked outside his window. The night sky and the bright moon and the glimpse of the stars brought together an innocent imagination. The black and blue of the sky is like a piece of paper, and the stars sprawled across like spilled sugar cubes. 

"I've never seen the night so clear" Yoongi's voice reminded Jimin of where he was.

Jimin hummed, his eyes looking around and spotting every little twinkle in the night.

"Did you finish your recording?" 

Jimin smiled widely remembering how his production team complimented his voice in the morning. The song was recorded perfectly and Jimin couldn't have been happier. The idol excitedly repeated all the words of praises while still staring at the sky. 

"And then- Yoongi hyung? Did you fall asleep?" Jimin asked, when he didn't hear any sound coming from the other line.

"No, no. I'm awake" 

Jimin turned around to take a look at the clock and found that it was almost midnight.

"Yoongi hyung, what are you doing up so late?" Jimin walked away from the door.

"Work" Came the answer.

"Yeah? I thought I was your work" 

Jimin could practically see Yoongi rolling his eyes. 

"Har, har, har... I skipped a meeting. Got to cover it up" 

Jimin turned on the shower, checking the temperature before putting his phone aside on the speaker.

"Is that a shower?" Jimin shook his head when he Yoongi's teasing tone,  "Watch me record this and post this on the internet"

Jimin froze for a while before stripping of his clothes. For some reason, he wasn't scared that Yoongi might actually do it because something told him that the journalist won't do anything like that.

"You know... once I tried tasting a bath bomb because I thought they would taste like vitamins"

Jimin almost slipped hearing that before laughing out loud. He doubled himself up and burst into a loud harsh cackle of laughter. His entire body shaking from it as he tried to hold onto something for support.

"Why even-" Jimin couldn't finish the sentence because he tried to imagine a grown man, Yoongi, trying to lick a bath bomb. 

After a while his laughter died and comfortable silence fell in. Until Jimin spoke up.

"I want to know how you journalists work" 

"We're kind of like story tellers" 

"Story tellers?" Jimin repeated, changing the temperature of the water.

He heard Yoongi hum before continuing, "We write and report news stories about everything, from social issues and politics to sports and entertainment"

Jimn listened quietly as Yoongi explained the way he works. He would comment, tease or giggle each time Yoongi told him something  funny or embarrassing. Soon Jimin was out of shower in night clothes heading towards his bed. Yoongi must have heard it because he stopped talking.

"Heading to bed?" 

Jimin hummed as an answer, too tired to speak. His eyes barely stayed open but he fought the sleepiness wanting to hear more what Yoongi had to say because he genuinely found it interesting. 

"Goodnight then"

"No, no, no" Jimin mumbled, hoping it was loud enough for Yoongi to hear, "I want to listen"

He heard Yoongi sigh. And after a moment of silence, he continue telling his story from where he had left earlier. But of course, Jimin feel asleep almost as soon as his body came in contact with his bed. And maybe Yoongi was aware the idol had fallen asleep, but still continued telling his work story from when he started till date. And finally after it was over, Yoongi sighed hearing Jimin's soft snores. 

"Goodnight, Jimin"

And with that the phone made a ping sound notifying that the call had ended.

~

(Written: 28-07-2020)

(Published: 28-07-2020)

Quote:

You can speak till the stars stays up
When the sun runs across the horizon.
You can speak even longer than that.
And I still won't mind.

-Luna_aka_Blade