Friday 2nd

~

Maybe the world could be ours, Tonight

~

The green flags of the trees become sepia toned, waving in the southerly wind. Within the multitude of soft chocolatey browns there is gold shining through. A single golden leaf pirouetted down an invisible spiral of breeze, spinning through the air as it let itself be carried down. It shook slightly, as if it could have been whisked away any second by the grip of an icy wind, but it kept floating down the twirling course.

And even though Yoongi didn't need to, he stilled angled his camera and captured the scenes. And while he checked the picture he had captured, he noticed a familiar figure. His gaze instantly shifted upwards. Unintentionally looking for him.

But instead of a smile, Yoongi frowned seeing the way he was walking. It was again that tired ad lifeless posture. Even though, Yoongi hadn't planned to meet the idol he still jogged his way to him.

Jimin didn't seem to have notice the him and a smirk tugged on Yoongi's lips as he planned to scare the idol. His footsteps became quieter as he approached the younger who still seemed to have no idea that Yoongi was right behind.

Yoongi bit back his laughs, ready to scare the younger but stopped when he saw something. Jimin was wearing full sleeves but even then Yoongi was able to spot the purplish bruise around the younger's wrist. 

"Jimin?" Yoongi called out, his eyes widen in concern and fixed on his wrist.

But he immediately he realized his mistake. His hand clamming against his mouth as he quickly looked around to make sure no one heard him. The young idol was looking at him with a surprised look. But underneath that, there was fear, pain.... and guilt?

"What happened?" asked Yoongi reaching for Jimin's wrist but stopped remembering that Jimin didn't like it and especially not after what Yoongi thinks happened again. 

But what surprised him was when he saw Jimin's eyes glazing over with tears. However Yoongi didn't question it. Instead he started panicking because he feared someone might see Jimin. 

"Come with me" Yoongi said. He was about to take Jimin's hand but stopped again. 

Much to his surprise he felt Jimin's smaller finger thread with his and with that the two rushed to Yoongi's car. The whole ride from the park to the Yoongi's apartment was quiet. But neither of the two minded the silence. Every now and then, Yoongi would take glances towards the younger idol and he was sure he had seen Jimin quickly wipe his cheeks.

And as Yoongi had expected, Jimin burst into tears the moment the door was closed behind him. One by one his walls broke down. He didn't care that Jimin saw. He just broke down. The sobs punched through, ripping through his muscles, bones, and guts. 

"Shh, it's okay. He isn't here. It's alright" Yoongi cooed, he was carefully not to touch Jimin even his instincts were to hold the younger in his arms. But remembered the way he violently reacted under similar conditions. 

"It's okay. It's just me. The annoying journalist" Yoongi felt a spark of triumph when Jimin chuckled between his cries.

"Tell me what happened" Yoongi carefully urged the idol. Even though, he didn't want Jimin to think about it and feel horrible all over again, he still needed to know what had happened.

"Yoongi-Yoongi, he-he touched me- I-I couldn't do anything. I feel gross" Jimin chocked out, his face scrunching up. Yoongi patiently listened to everything Jimin had to say and helping him even his breath and calm himself down.

"Shh, shh, it's okay. It's okay" Yoongi mumbled, craning his neck to look into Jimin's eyes.

The younger's body wrecking sobs had reduced down to soft hiccups. 

"Are you feeling better?" Yoongi asked in a soft voice. He nodded his head when Jimin mumbled a soft yes. 

"Take off your jacket and cap, I'll get you some water" Yoongi said and stood.

He frowned when he saw the condition of his apartment. It was little less worse than a hurricane survived town. Just a little. Barely any difference. 

On his way to the kitchen, Yoongi picked up random trash and empty takeout packets and threw them in the dustbin. As he was filling a glass with water, he took a glance up to check on the idol's condition.

He almost dropped the glass from his hand when he saw that the idol's hair color was no longer purple. It had now changed to a bright coral shade. And it contrasted heavily with Jimin's black turtle neck and dark denims. 

"Wow...um... you changed your hair color" Yoongi mumbled, clearing his throat and passing the glass to Jimin.

Yoongi watched as the idol's gaze flickered up to his locks before looking back Yoongi with a sheepish smile.

"You weren't supposed to see this..." He said. His voice barely above a whisper. 

Yoongi rubbed his eyes, furrowing his brow together, "See what? I didn't see anything"

Yoongi bit back his chuckle when the younger confusedly pointed to his hair and looked at him with a puzzled gaze. 

"I don't know what you're taking about. I'm colorblind" Yoongi said. His smile betraying the serious tone of his voice.

"Ah" Jimin nodded in understanding playing along with Yoongi's acting. He gulped down the water and pursed his lips to hold back his giggles. The two stayed quiet for a moment, staring at each other. Until, Yoongi made a random 'boing' sound as he took the glass. 

Jimin's giggle softened the room, as if his gentle sound could make the lamplight more golden and the fires burn warmer. Yoongi turned around, hiding the gummy smile on his face knowing that he was able to make Jimin laugh even though the idol was going through a lot.

~

(Written: 03-08-2020)

(Published: 03-08-2020)

Quote: 

With each autumn leaf that falls,
I'm falling for you

-Luna_aka_Blade