Friday 24th

~

You're going to wake up and see that it was hopeless after all

~

Jimin was practicing by himself in the dance room. It was one of those days when he was allowed to practice anything that he wanted without any supervision. The entire dance room was empty. It was just him and his little world that he created while dancing. The music filled the room, his body moving on its own without much effort. The steps fell one after another like the water from a waterfall. The rhythms and beat flowed through him, fueling his muscles and passion. And since yesterday, he felt a lot lighter. A lot happier and that oozed in his dance. 

Even though, he hadn't stayed for long enough to see Yoongi's reaction but still didn't matter. He felt better just by letting the other know. Though a part of him wished he would've stayed long enough to get a reaction from Yoongi. 

His attention diverted to the silver bracelet in his hand. He ha been wearing it ever since he got and for some reason, he didn't feel like taking it off ever again. He stopped dancing when he thought he heard his name being called. And as he listened closely he heard Jungkook and Taehyung's voice calling his name.

"Jimin!" Taehyung burst into the room, huffing and puffing, "I-I think you should see this"

Jimin frowned, taking the phone from Taehyung's hand. His blood ran cold just by reading the headlines of the article. In the grip of silent panic, wild eyes, pupils dilated, heart racing, brain on fire, brain synapses firing like a hyped up internal aurora borealis, like a cluster bomb exploding in his brain, turned his brain to a mental soup of conflicting instructions, brain frozen. With each word he read, the panic inside him grew stronger until he felt like he was able to pass out. 

He tossed the phone away the moment he read his name. And suddenly, the name he had always been so proud of made him want to hide himself. 

He felt as is he was 30,000 feet above the earth and he was free-falling. He didn't know how he got into this situation. But, he felt sheer terror. He pinched himself and told himself, "It's all a bad dream. It's all a bad dream. Isn't it? Wake up. Wake up. WAKE UP!!!"

But still everything remained the same. 

"Hyung..." Jimin heard Taehyung call for him, but he couldn't bear standing in front of them any longer. 

He turned around on his heals and dashed the other way around, not caring that Jungkook and Taehyung were calling after. His emotional pain seeps out in those words and it hurt to hear them, hurt to read them. More so, he couldn't bear to see the judgement in his friends eyes. 

He tried to lock himself in his room, but Jungkook was faster than him and slipped in. It hurt but he didn't want to cry. It ached but he didn't want to curl up and fight his panic until he passed out. 

"Hyung, please talk to us" Jungkook coaxed, trying to touch Jimin. 

But the elder involuntarily glared at him and moved away. His mind was a chaos of emotions and questions. The loudest one being- Why did Yoongi do it. 

His eyes flickered down to the bracelet in his hand and he so badly wanted to break it away, but the moment he touched it, he couldn't bring himself to. Even thought he knew it was Yoongi who must have leaked the news, since he was the only one who knew anything about, but still a part of Jimin still trusted that the journalist wouldn't do it. But the former part was a bit stronger than the later. 

"Jimin... is this true?" He heard Taehyung ask. 

He couldn't meet Taehyung's eyes because the shame fell down on him like a huge rock, but nodded nonetheless. He heard Taehyung sigh but wasn't sure of what expression Taehyung wore.