Wednesday 9th

~

I know you want me

~

Yoongi stood in place, watching Jimin with an amused look on his face. He raised his eyebrow as he observed the way Jimin stood frozen in his place. He was sure that if the idol stayed like that any longer his neck would start to hurt.

"You know, it's rude if you don't turn when I'm talking to you" Yoongi said. 

Yoongi took a step back to give Jimin the proper, respectful distance the idol deserved. However, it seemed like that Jimin didn't notice it because his eyes were filled with rage. The idol took a quick look around and Yoongi understood what was going through his mind.

"Don't worry" Yoongi said, "No one heard me"

"What is your problem?" Jimin asked through gritted teeth.

Yoongi shrugged and shook his head, "Nothing. Just wanted to ask some questions"

Yoongi casually got his voice recorder out of his pocket and held it in front of Jimin. The idol huffed, glaring at Yoongi. But the reporter didn't pay any attention to it. His only motive was to get his job done.

"So, I'll get straight to the point" Yoongi started, "What's your relation with Akio?"

Yoongi pressed the recording button, waiting for the answer. Jimin on the other hand tensed hearing the name and it was visible. His eyes and faced drained of any glow or emotions.

"What do you mean?" Jimin asked

"Well, I was wondering if you and Akio have something going on. I've seen him around you a lot of time" Yoongi answered. He slung his camera over his shoulder and pulled his phone out. Then, he opened his gallery and showed Jimin the pictures he had saved earlier.

"Akio and I have nothing going on" Jimin answered.

Yoongi raised his eyebrow, looking at Jimin. There was something odd about the way Jimin was looking back but Yoongi shrugged it off. 

"Then are there any specific reason why Akio is present almost in every picture?" Yoongi asked, nonchalantly.

"What is your problem? Why are you always coming after me? Aren't there more celebrities out there?" Jimin asked

Yoongi shrugged, "There are.  But no one is like you. And what's the problem in answering a simple question? What are you hiding, huh?"

"I'm not hiding anything" Jimin answered, emphasizing every word.

Yoongi suddenly noticed a group of teenagers walking towards them from behind Jimin. He quickly stood beside Jimin, hiding the idol form the public's eyes. He stood in his place until the group had gone far away and weren't visible. He didn't really want others to notice Jimin in the park because if they did then they would crowd the 

As soon as he was sure, he stepped away from Jimin; maintaining a respectable distance. But, he surprised to see that Jimin's face was red, eyes wide open and brimmed with tears. He was breathing was uneven and his body shook a little.

"Jimin are yo-"

Jimin held his hand up, motioning Yoongi to stop speaking, "Don't. Ever. Come. Near. Me. Again"

Yoongi was taken aback at Jimin's aggressive yet shaky voice. He stood confused in his place as Jimin turned the other way and ran away. 

"What the-" Yoongi mumbled, "I was just trying to help him..."

Shaking his head, Yoongi turned the other way and started walking.

"Damn it. I didn't anything useful" Yoongi grumbled as he stopped his recording and kept the voice recorder back in his pocket.

Furrowing his eyebrows, Yoongi thought about the way Jimin reacted. That was something new. Of the six months that Yoongi had been after Jimin, the idol had never reacted in that manner. Close proximity was not the reason, Yoongi was sure. There was this one time, when Yoongi literally had to hold the idol otherwise he would have fallen.

"Eh..."Yoongi shrugged it off and headed towards his office. 

The moment the reporter entered the building, he headed towards Namjoon's office. The Chief Editor was along with the Managing Editor, Kim Seokjin. Namjoon looked up at Yoongi, motioning SeokJin to take a seat.

"Do you need something?" The Chief Editor asked

"Yeah, a new topic to work on" Yoongi answered taking a seat beside SeokJin.

Namjoon sighed, while SeokJin chuckled. Almost everyone in the editing section was aware of Yoongi's never ending complains on the topic, Park Jimin.

"Yoongi, I can't give you another to-" Namjoon was interrupted by Yoongi.

"I don't want another topic. Just give me a side topic to work on" Yoongi answered.

Namjoon stared at Yoongi, taking a moment to let those work sink in before he started speaking again, "Is this one of your ways of making me give you a new topic"

Even though, Namjoon and Yoongi were only related to each other through their jobs. But still there was a sort of a bond between them that wasn't only work related. It wasn't favouritism. Namjoon was never like that. But still, he always kept a check on Yoongi. Because the journalist was one of the first person he worked it. 

Once, Yoongi overworked himself and he had to be taken to the hospital. Ever since that day, Namjoon made sure that Yoongi didn't burn himself with work. He made sure that all his workers were healthy, but he had somewhat of a soft spot for Yoongi.

Yoongi shook his head, "No not really. I just want to keep myself occupied until I can get something interesting on Jimin. The idol isn't exactly doing something new right now"

Namjoon nodded, understanding what Yoongi was trying to say, "Well, there is a party being hosted this weekend. All celebrity and stuff. Attend it and write an article over. You know how it works"

Yoongi nodded, getting up from his seat, "Yep"

With that Yoongi was out of the office. He was satisfied to know that he had a new topic and he won't have to spend his time idly because of that Park Jimin.

~

(Written: 16-06-2020)

(Published: 17-07-2020)