Tuesday 26th

~

How do we rewrite the stars, Say you were made to be mine?

~

Yoongi parked his car and got out. His files and notepad were in his hand, and he made sure he was wearing his ID batch. Thankfully, this topic for journalism continued to stay music, except this time he had work on classical music. Yoongi turned his phone off to mute before entering the auditorium meant for a musical workshop. 

Throughout the three hours of the workshop, Yoongi possibly couldn't have been more bored. He remained attentive when they played out  piece and talked about it. But for the rest of the time, he tuned everything out. During the time he wasn't paying attention, Yoongi worked making a rough guideline for his draft.

Finally, it was over and Yoongi headed out. He didn't have to go back to the office for the next hour. He decided to stroll around for the time being. He opened his phone to see if there were any new messages. But there were none. Jimin hadn't messaged him since he left on Sunday morning and Yoongi was starting to get worried. If Yoongi was being completely honest, this whole never-knowning-when-they-can-see-each-other again deal was wearing him down as well. He loved to meet up with Jimin. And the days Jimin wasn't present tore him apart. But the problem was, he didn't like seeing Jimin that way. 

The whole case on Akio was still going on. And people still murmured about Jimin. It was evident that all of it was getting to Jimin. Yoongi hated seeing that scared look on Jimin's face. He hated how Jimin seemed to be holding back all the them. How Jimin couldn't be himself. 

And thinking about all of it eventually led to once conclusion. Akio would no longer be able to bother Jimin. The only thing that was wearing him down was their relationship. Yoongi sighed. He didn't want to think about it. He didn't want it at all. But he couldn't ignore how true it seemed. 

'If only I was no longer in Jimin's li-'

His attention diverted when his phone buzzed. Jimin was calling him. Yoongi furrowed his brows knowing it was a rather odd time for Jimin to call. Since the younger was usually practicing during this time. Yoongi remembered that they were supposed to me up this Friday. Jimin had already changed the date three times because of his work. And if he was calling now, it meant that he had to change the day once again. With a sigh, Yoongi picked up his phone. 

However the first thing he heard was soft sniffles. Jimin was or had been crying.

"Jimin, what happened?" Yoongi's voice was filled with worry. 

"Hyung" Jimin choked out, "They-they found out"

It took a second for Yoongi to understand what Jimin was talking about. Once he did, his eyes widen in shock. He was sure he didn't miss out a single article from today. He didn't make any sense. 

Before Yoongi could say anything Jimin spoke up again. 

"It's just-just my company... I-I don't know how..but they're asking me-me to cut off all contacts with you"

Yoongi felt his heart break at that. Not just because he might not be able to see Jimin again. But mostly because he couldn't bear to hear Jimin cry like that, knowing he wasn't present and couldn't do anything to help him. 

"Jimin-"

"No! Don't you dare say it okay! It's not okay! I don't want to leave you!"

Yoongi sighed, looking around to walk a more secluded place. He took in a deep breath and tried to keep his voice even.

"Jimin, shh, please calm down and try to tell me as much as you can, okay?" 

Yoongi kept quiet the entire time. Just occasionally asking Jimin to take in deep breaths and humming to let the younger know that he was indeed present and listening. 

"They-they said if I decide to continue my relationship with you... they'll terminate my contract" Jimin hiccuped. 

Yoongi didn't really want to ask Jimin what he was deciding. Because if he did, he would be selfish. Even if partially. He would still indirectly asking Jimin to let go of what he loved the most.

"Jimin, music and dance is what you love the most. It's what you've working on for years. It's your dream, isn't it?"

"Hyung... what are you trying to say..."

"Look, I couldn't ever ask you to leave what you want the most. I've seen the way you smile when you're on stage. The way you's eyes shine. I can't even take that away from you"

"Hyung, no-"

"Hey, it's okay. I'll be okay. You'll be okay" 

"But-"

"There's no but in this Jiminie. It's okay"

Yoongi sighed, ignoring the tears that have been falling down from ever since Jimin said they won't be able to meet each other again. He couldn't let the other know that he felt so horrible weak at the moment. Because if Jimin knew. He would decide something he'll regret later on. 

"Just know..." Yoongi sucked in a sharp breath, looking up at nothing, "I love you. And nothing matters to me more than seeing you smile. So it's okay"

He didn't hear a reply from Jimin. He didn't really want to hear anything else form Jimin. He feared he might change his mind if he did. He might want to be selfish. 

"Bye Jimin"

The moment, he ended the call, Yoongi let out a choked sob he had keeping in for so long. Again he had lose the person that meant most to him. He felt so stupid to think that he could be with Jimin. Ever.

He didn't cry hysterically. No, he felt too numb for that. He let his tears fall silently and he swallowed down the storm inside of him. He said he was going to be okay. But will he be?

He consoled himself by saying that Jimin wasn't completely out of his life. He would still get to see his face. He would still get to see the younger smile. That was enough for him. 

~

(Written: 29-08-2020)

(Published: 29-08-2020)

Quote:

I hope you remember me

That you smile when you think of me

Because even if I cannot have you

I will always have our treasured memories

-Luna_aka_Blade