Thursday 23rd

~

Because we're able to be

~

There is a kind of waiting that feels like gentle onshore breezes kissing salty stones. It isn't warm but there is a sense of calm, of nature, of things expected. Then there is the kind that feels like the head of a medieval mace is loose in my guts and my head has taken a beating with a hefty plank of wood. And for Yoongi, it felt like a mix of both. 

Knowing that he would be able to meet Jimin after almost a week or more, brought a sense of soothing. Whereas, when he glanced down at the small box in his hand, his heart would race up thinking whether Jimin would like his gift. The one he was holding wasn't the actual gift, it was a part of multiple small gifts brought together.

It was a cliché way of gifting, but Yoongi couldn't afford all the other lavishing and luxurious gifts that Jimin might have gotten on his birthday. He took one more glance around the wrapping to make sure that it hadn't gotten torn. The small gift that fit right in his palm was covered carefully with a light brown paper with yellow stripes. He played with the strings of the of the bow as he his thought slowly shifted to the person he was waiting for. 

Each gift that he made, in or the other reminded Yoongi about the other. If one made Yoongi think of Jimin's smile, the other reminded of Jimin's voice. The one he held in his hand, reminded Yoongi of Jimin's adorable, bright personality. There were of course, undertones of sadness. Flawed yet perfect. That's how Yoongi saw him. 

"Is that for me?" Yoongi's head snapped upwards when he heard Jimin's voice.

Seeing Jimin's face, all the nervousness and anxiety seemed to drain out from Yoongi's body. He smiled, mirroring the one on Jimin's lips. 

"No, not for you. I was waiting for this girl-" Yoongi stopped when he saw the Jimin's eyes round up, his lips puckering into a pout. And maybe he was thinking too much, but he saw hints of sadness in the younger's eyes. Yoongi sighed, holding the gift forward.

"It's for you, dummy" Yoongi mumbled. 

He looked away, pretending not to see the reaction on Jimin's face. Like, he didn't see a soft blush creep on his honey tanned skin, his eyes didn't sparkle and his smile didn't widen. He most certainly didn't see the way Jimin's small fingers caringly opened the wrapper. 

Yoongi stuffed his hands in his pocket rocked his body back and forth on his toe. He saw from his peripheral vision, Jimin took out the small glass bottle. It was a snow globe thing Yoongi worked on last night. The entire clear container filled with distilled water had a small yellow ball tied to the cap. On the cork of the bottle, a tag hung that read- for as long as the sun burns.

He heard Jimin giggle softly when the younger shook the bottle to see the glitter sparkle in the light. 

"Oh!" He heard Jimin squeak knowing that Jimin's attention must have shifted to the set of pictures in the box. It was all the pictures that Yoongi had clicked during the time his job was to tag after Jimin. There were a lot of pictures that showed gazing at flowers or the sky, playing with kittens or puppies. Yoongi never knew what to do with the pictures. Behind each picture he had written small messages that he wanted to Jimin to remember every time he felt low. 

"Tha-" Yoongi stopped him before Jimin could complete it.

"There's more" 

Before Jimin could ask anything, Yoongi took his hand and walked towards the entrance of the park. Yoongi sort of expect Jimin to give a snarky reply like he always did. Instead, when Yoongi glanced behind him he saw Jimin clutching his gift close to him, as he tagged after him with wide curious eyes. 

As Yoongi drove back to his apartment, he would take a look over at younger every now and then to find him looking at all the pictures Yoongi and taken. Jimin would stare at them, before turning them over and reading the messages.

Yoongi opened the door to his apartment, letting Jimin walk in first and then himself before closing the door behind them. He leaned back, resting his weight on door as he waited for Jimin to look up  in front of him.

There was a another gift on the table, wrapped in soft lilac paper. And Jimin hadn't noticed it until he sat down on the couch and looked up from the pictures. Yoongi smiled and nodded when Jimin looked at him with surprised expression and pointed towards himself. 

He watched the younger put the previous gift aside, but still within his sight before he grabbed the purple one.  He carefully opened the packaging. Yoongi's attention perked up when he heard a soft humming fill the room. Jimin was a humming a soft song under his breath as he opened the package. Coincidentally, Jimin was doing exactly what the gift reminded Yoongi of. His voice. His voice was smooth and clear and quiet yet powerful. Soothing, in a way. Yoongi knew it wasn't usual don't really call a guy's voice beautiful, but his was

"It's so pretty" He heard Jimin whisper when he saw the crystal rose inside the box. 

Along with it was a card that read- till the last petal falls. 

"Two more" Yoongi said, standing up straight and sitting down on the couch for one person.

He watched as Jimin shot up from the couch and rushed off to search for the rest. After almost five minutes, the younger was back and sitting on the couch with two boxes, one wrapped in a baby blue paper and the other wrapped in peachy shade. 

"Hmm, which one first?" Jimin asked, holding up the two. 

Since, Yoongi knew what inside the both of the them he picked the peach one first. Inside it was a bear plushie of the same shade as the wrapper. The reason Yoongi got that was because the teddy's brown eyes reminded Yoongi of Jimin's eyes when he wasn't wearing any contact lenses. The teddy held a card that read- I'll be there for you

Jimin gave the teddy a soft pat on it's head before placing it on his lap and moving to the last gift. The one in the blue box was the costliest gift of the bunch. It was a customized silver bracelet. 

"MYG" Jimin read out from the outer edge of the bracelet. 

Yoongi shrugged his shoulder's, "Just a small reminder" 

He kept quiet and didn't mention about the engravings on the inside that read- even if you can't see me.

"Happy birthday" Yoongi wished. 

"Thank you" Jimin said in a soft voice.

Yoongi sighed, knowing that Jimin had noticed it. He decided to keep it quiet and wait until Jimin figured it out by himself. 

~

(Written: 12-08-2020)

(Published: 12-08-2020)

Quote: 

For as long as the sun burns...
Till the last petal falls,
I'll be there for you
Even if you can't see me.
-MYG

-Luna_aka_Blade