Chapter Five

Thankfully Cami had ordered normal food I was a bit worried she would make me eat something weird just to get a kick out of me.

We had burritos and tacos, her parents insisted we stayed longer so we got some milkshakes while we chatted. Cami spoke about how she would run the place in the future and where she wanted to place other restaurants and the importance of keeping the homey feel to the place.

"So I have to ask what is up with you and the nameless brood who follows you around?" I asked taking a sip of my coffee flavoured milkshake. "Nameless brood?" She asked farrowing her eyebrows. "Yeah the one who comes to campus with you everyday, the one who sits with us during lunch and never says a word" I explain looking at Cami like she was crazy. How had she not noticed him all this time?

"Oh! You mean Erick" she laughed as she finished off her milkshake. "Yeah him" I said, "he's my boyfriend's brother and also a good friend of mine" she says. "But he seems more like a body guard then a friend, I mean does he even have a major?" I questioned, "he's actually a second year law student.Yeah he is a bit to himself but he's a really nice person, you know there's always a reason for people to do the things they do and he's been through a lot that's why he doesn't bother to let people in" she explained. "His whole death glares and heart  made of stone is just a scare tactic to keep people away from him" she shrugged.

"Oh" was all I said as I finished off my milkshake. "You ready to go?" She asked, I nodded. "Okay let me tell my folks really quick then we can head out" she said getting up from her seat.

As she walked away I couldn't help but think,what had happened to Eric for him to become so closed off? And now I'm seeing him in a whole new light.

As the days passed Cami and I spent more time together. We would go out shopping or just hang around at each others houses, we even had sleep overs. Erick continued to sit with us everyday at lunch, however I was the one who started to make subtle gestures towards him.

For example when we sit down for lunch I greeted both of them and did the same when they left. If I brought something like doughnuts I would always bring some for him too. Now from not talking or even looking at me he glares at me. Okay I admit that him glaring at me is even worse then not looking at me and he's not talking yet, but at least he acknowledges the gestures I'm making. I call that progress.

Right now my dad was dropping me off at Cami's house for a BBQ that she invited me to and afterwards we were going to have a girls night, hence me staying over.

"Thanks dad, see you tomorrow" I said getting my bag. "Bye be safe and call me if you need anything" he replied then drove off.

I walked up to the house and rang the door bell, I could hear a lot of voices including loud shouting and music. "Alexandra dear why are you standing outside?" Cami's mother asked once she opened the door for me. "Sorry I had to ring the bell for someone to let me in" I said sheepishly, "nonsense this house is as good as your own, now come in Camellia is in the back."

I walked to the back yard and saw a few other people who I'm assuming is their family. At the gill I saw Cami's dad and next to him was Cami. I made a beeline straight for her, as I approached her father saw me and smiled. "Alexandra so happy you could make it" he said, "thank you for inviting me" I gave him a smile of my own.

"Hey" Cami said coming up to me and hugging me. "Hi" I greeted her back, "why didn't you go put your stuff in my room?" She asked looking down at my hands. "Well I didn't want to be rude and go up there without you" I said holding the bag in front of me with both hands. "Come on" she said after rolling her eyes and grabbing my hand.

She lead us to her room where she fixed her hair and makeup while I put my bag down in a corner. I watched her pull out a tube of lip gloss and apply it to her already glossy lips. "You know you didn't need to get all dolled up for me" I said smirking at her. She rolled her eyes at my reflection in the mirror she was using, then turned to look at me.

"Aren't you going to change?" She asked. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I asked looking down at the clothes I had on, which was a pair of blue jeans and a plain white shirt. "Yeah you're right the outfit is fine, we just need to accessorise and do your hair and makeup" she said going to her closet and pulling out jewellery.

"Are you joking? What's with you and all this today?" I asked gesturing my hands towards the necklace she was holding. She bit her lip looking at me for a moment.

"Romeo and Erick  are going to be here."