Chapter Twenty Three

I pushed all my things into my backpack and rushed out of campus, just like he said there was a black SUV waiting for me at the front, with two serious looking guys standing in front of the car, wearing suits.

I walked towards them and one opened the back door for me, I got in and faced Colten. "Hello dear" he greeted, "hi" I said simply. "Let's go for a ride shall we" he said as the two guys got into the front seats and started the car driving off.

"So let's continue shall we?" He said, "I didn't find anything" I said. "Lies, we saw you on the beach with Erick twice" he said calmly, "Yes that is true, the second time the only thing I found out was that their parents died in a car crash and that Erick holds his brother in very high regard" I said.

"Interesting. That only means that they are starting to trust you. You need to keep doing what you are and when you find something tell us immediately" he said. "Have you ever thought that maybe they're just doing whatever they're doing for money?" I asked.

"My my my, what spell have they put on you? Romeo and Erick Dream have inherited close to 2 million dollars from both thier parents and grandparents. Romeo owns six businesses, two clubs, two restaurants and two hotels. I think money is hardly a problem for them. And even if it was what they do is illegal and against the law" he emphasised.

"Okay I was just asking" I said casually, "if you have more information contact us on the number I called you on, if you don't we'll contact you when we can. Goodbye Alexandra" I look out side to see they had dropped me off at my house.

I quickly grabbed my things and got out rushing into the house, I could not get away any faster.

The next day I felt like a zombie as I walked on campus. I hadn't gotten any sleep because my mind kept going hundred miles a minute.

"Are you okay?" Cami asked placing a hand on my shoulder during lunch time, "yeah I just didn't get any sleep" I said. "That's been happening a lot lately. Are you sure everything's okay at home?" Erick asked concern shining in his eyes, I gave him the best fake smile I could and nodded. "I'm fine just need a little sleep" I said.

"I'm hope you feel better, I gotta run now I'll text you when you get home" Cami said getting up and giving me a hug.

"Maybe we should do something to cheer you up" Erick said, "like what?" I laughed. "I don't know. Are you busy Friday night?" He didn't look at me as he said this but busied himself with eating a bag of chips. "I don't think I have anything to do" I said, "Cool I'll pick you up around 7" he stood up came over to my side kissed me on the forehead then walked away.

Wait a minute. Did he just ask me on a date? But he didn't say date, he didn't not say date either. Maybe it was just to hang out. I couldn't help the quickening of my plus at this new information, because I honestly did really like him.

Later on that day I excitedly texted Cami telling her about my date-but-also-not-a-date. We had agreed that she would come over and help me get dressed. My excitement deflated the next day when Erick was a no show on campus and also the next and the next. I had asked Cami if she had heard anything but she brushed me off with a, "he's fine and your date is definitely still on."

It was Thrusday night, I was laying on my stomach doing some extra reading when I got a text from an unknown number. 

Unknown: hey :)

Alex: what are you?

Unknown: :( ouch! I'm a human.

Alex: who are  you then?

Unknown: wow that hurts. I thought you would recognise your most favourite person.

Alex: I'm blocking you, okay byeeeee!

Then my phone started to ring the same number flashing on the screen. "Look pal you've got the worng number, now leave me alone" I said when I picked the phone up.

"So you're telling me that this is not Alex's number?" Came Erick's voice in a mocking tone. "Why couldn't you just tell me it was you when you texted me?" I rolled my eyes, "Where's the fun in that?" He asked.

"I'm kinda busy right now so whatever it is that you want I can't help you with" I said. I don't know why but I was mad at him, mad that it took him this long to get my number, mad that he's been a no show all week and mad that he sounds so happy after being a no show.

"Actually you're the only one that can help me. Because as I recall we have a date tomorrow" my heart skipped at the word date. "I thought you weren't going to make it seeing as you've been MIA all week" I said with a little too much sass. "I'm sorry, something came up and I was busy. I know I should of called sooner" he sighed.

"Yeah no shit, you should have" I said, "but we are still on for tomorrow night I'm not hearing any excuses" he stated. "Okay but I still don't know where we're going" I reminded him, "that I'm still keeping a secret, I'll pick you up at 7" he said. "Okay, bye" I said and ended the call.

I rolled onto my back and let out a sigh, I was excited to be going out with him but still nervous. After a quick call to Cami reminding her to come over I went to bed and welcomed a sleepless night with open arms.