Chapter Twelve

The next week Monday Erick showed up to campus with his left hand wrapped in a bandage. "Hey how was your weekend?" Cami asked when she saw me, "it was good, yours?" I hugged her when she approached me.

"Wow what happened to your hand?" I asked, "I um...hurt it while helping a friend fix his car" he shrugged then smiled at me. I didn't ask anything further.

"So how about we hang out this weekend?" He asked as we walked into campus. "Yeah where should we go?" Cami asked, "hey Rom's got a meeting on the coast" he suggested.

"Yeah we could leave on Friday after classes and make a road trip out of it" Cami said excitedly, "What do you think Alex?" She turned to me. "That's an awesome idea" I said smiling at them, this would be a good opportunity to get to know them better.

The week went by in a blur and before I knew it, I was packing my bag for the trip. "And bikinis and dresses and cute tops..." "Cami it's just the weekend not the whole month" I cut her off from listing anymore clothing iteams.

I packed some pj's, underwear, a pair of jeans, a dress, two swimsuits, and a top. I then packed my toothbrush and other toiletries. "I'm so excited, I haven't been on a trip with Romeo since New York" Cami exclaimed excited, "What did you guys do in New York?" I asked.

"He had a meeting so I went with, we went out to clubs and fancy restaurants" she sighed dreamily, "so he goes on trips often?" I asked casually. "Yeah for business" she absent mindedly replied while on her phone. "What kind of business if you don't mind me asking?" I asked, from the mirror in front of my dresser I watched as Cami hesitated a bit and looked up from her phone.

"Oh you know, he's trying to expand his clubs and stuff" she shrugged, "Okay, I'm all packed" I said placing the last of my things in the bag then zipping it up. "Just in time, the boys are pulling up outside" she said getting off my bed and putting her phone away.

I got all my stuff and Cami followed behind me with her own bags. "Hey guys I'm gonna head out now, see you on Monday" I said to my parents who were in the kitchen, "bye honey have a great time" mum said. "And call if you need us" Dad added, "Okay bye love you guys" I said walking out the door.

"Well hello there lovely ladies" Romeo said leaning against the side of the car, while Erick sat on the hood. "You girls ready for a wild weekend?" He asked grabbing Cami and lifting her off the ground then swinging her around, she laughed as he set her down.

"Hey Lex" he greeted kissing the side of my head, "hey Rom how you doing?" I asked. "I'm good, you ready to get crazy this weekend?" He asked wrapping his arms around Cami, "I don't know too much about the crazy part" I laughed. "Don't worry I'll teach you" Erick said giving me a wink and taking my bags.

"We better head out if we wanna make it in time" Erick said packing Cami's bags in the trunk and stopped to look at his watch. "Let's go, who's driving first?" Romeo asked, "you drive" Erick said. Romeo opened the back door for Cami and Erick did the same for me, which I thought was very sweet.

The boys got in the front with Romeo driving, Cami grabbed the AUX cord and blasted some music as we drove on the highway. We sang along, played games and chatted passing the time. Since we left in the afternoon we had stopped at a diner to eat something. We ordered cheese burgers and chocolate milkshakes before we hit the road again.

Romeo decided to take a nap for a little bit so I had to switch seats with him, Erick drove and I sat next to him, Romeo passed out as soon as he got in the back. "Wow, he's really tired" I commented looking back at Romeo, "figures" Erick mumbled. "What do you mean?" I asked, he sighed. "He wakes up before the sun comes up everyday and works his ass off all day, only stops when his body can't take it anymore. Thank God for Cam being around and taking care of him" he said looking at his brother through the rear view mirror.

"You guys are pretty close too" I said, "yeah, ever since I can remember it's always been the two of us looking out for each other. You mess with one you mess with both" he said keeping his eyes on the road, "that's really sweet and cool" I said looking at him. He turned to me and returned the smile.