Chapter Twenty Nine

The next morning I woke up just like how I had fallen asleep, the room was empty. There was a firmiliar bag at the foot of the bed, it was one of my backpacks. I got up and opened the bag to see a set of my own clothes in it.

I got up and went into the bathroom to take a shower, even though I had a massive headache. I showered then pulled on the pair of skinny cream pants and a white t-shirt, thankfully the person who packed the bag remembered underwear and some black sandals.

I had used Erick's body wash and soap, so I smelt like him. When I walked back into the room I saw a tray of food on the bed with a note. 'Eat then come down stairs'

I did as I was told then left the room. "Hey Lex how ya feelin?" Romeo asked walking down the stairs with me, "I'm okay" I lied. "Don't worry I sent someone over to replace your bedroom door and fix the wall, the place will be back to normal before your folks arrive" he said.

"Thanks Rom" I said giving him a weak smile, "no problem I just hope that your perception of us doesn't change" he said. "It doesn't, I understand that you did what you did for your own reasons. I just need time to process it all."

"Hey I don't mean to scare you but your phone has been going off like crazy" Cami said coming from the living room with my phone in her hand. I took it from her and colour drained from my face when I saw over hundreds of calls from my parents.

I immediately dialed my mum's number with out thinking, "Alex?" She said when she picked up. "Hey mum" I said nervously, "oh thank God you're okay. What happened? Why weren't you answering your phone?" She asked worriedly. Just then Erick walked in and we made eye contact, "sorry I lost track of time and my phone died" I said.

"The neighbours called and said they heard gun shots coming from our house. Are you sure everything's okay?" She asked again, "yeah mum I'm fine, Cami and I had the TV on too loud by mistake. I'm fine" I said. Upon hearing my words Erick turned and walked in the same direction he came from.

"Okay if you say so. But we are on our way home so we'll be there by the evening. Okay talk later bye" she said then cut the call, "bye" I moved the phone and put it in my pocket. "My parents are on their way back, I need to go back home" I said to Romeo and Cami, "I'll get my car, our lie has to be believable" Cami said and walked to the front door.

"Where's Erick?" I asked Romeo, "Come this way I'll show you" he said and led me in the direction Erick left in. We came into the kitchen then, at back of the kitchen he opned a door and a set of stairs were in front of us. "He's down there" Romeo said and then walked away, I took a breath and went down the stairs as I got closer I could hear music.

I walked into a huge indoor gym, music blasting through the room. I saw Erick in a corner, dripping with sweat as he punched the punching bag. I went over to the ipod dock and switched it off, that caused him to stop and look at me. He then turned back to what he was doing.

"I think we should talk" I said standing in front of him, he dropped his hands and sighed before looking at me. "What do you want me to say, Alex?" He asked looking frustrated, "I don't know, maybe you should start with why you didn't tell me before this?" I asked.

"Alex I told you from the start, my brother is my life and I'd do anything to keep him safe" he said emphasising each word. "So where do I fit in, in all this?" I asked tears welling up in my eyes, "honestly? I don't know right now" he said looking into my eyes.

At his words I couldn't help the tears from falling, "Alex..." he said stepping towards me. "No...I understand perfectly Erick. Just do me a favour and when you realise where I fit in, don't give me a call" I said then turned and ran back the way I came in.

"Hey what's wrong?" Cami stopped me in the kitchen, "I just need to go home" I said as she pulled me into a hug and I cried into her shoulder. She guided me to her car and we got in and drove off.