Chapter Twenty Eight

"What the hell happened? Are guys okay?" Romeo asked when he reached us, he held my face with both hands and looked at me to make sure I had no physical injuries.

"Are you okay?" Cami asked when Romeo let go of me, she wrapped an arm around me even though I was taller then her she provided the comfort I needed at that time.

"What happened? Who did this?" Romeo demanded from Erick, "Let's talk in the office" Erick said and they both turned in the direction of the office I'm assuming. "No!" I said firmly, the boys turned around and Erick's eyes softened.

He walked towards me, "Alex can we not do this now, you're shaken up and I think you should get some rest" he reached for me but I pushed he hands away and stepped back. "Don't touch me" I spat at him, hurt flashed through his eyes but I didn't care about anything at that moment but my anger.

"I'm have been shot at, my house is gone to shit, my parents are going to kill me and I haven't had any sleep. You all better start talking" I said stepping away from Cami too. Erick was about to say something but I cut him off again. "And I want the fucking truth, don't even think about lying to me" I said looking him in the eyes.

"I think we should sit down so we can talk" Romeo said and lead us into a living room, I sat away from everyone and crossed my arms in front of me. "After out parents died, I had a lot of anger in me, I was angry that they left us and I was angry that I had to take care of Erick at such a young age instead of just being a kid."

"So I starred getting into fights at school, in the park, if anyone said something that I didn't like I would beat them to a pulp. Then one day at the park I beat this kid up for pushing Erick, he told his dad and his dad came up to me. The man said he wanted to help me, so he would get me from school everyday and would take me to his house were he had a gym. Everyday I would workout with his son, my anger got better after that. I was getting it all out by punching a bag of sand and it made me feel good. When I got older around fourteen, he told me about this underground fighting ring and his drug business. He wanted me to fight for him and sell his drugs, he said I would make money and I could take care of Erick that way. I would deliver drugs to whoever and wherever he wanted me to, I was getting paid for it. I got into the fights and every single one of them I won, guys twice my size, older guys, I always won."

"After I finished school my grandparents died, I kept going to the fights and I was making serious money. I invested some and some I bought small businesses before turning them into what they are now. I stopped representing when I got older and I found I could make a shit ton more money. I kept going until Erick was old enough and he wanted to get into fighting. I put him through school, clothe us, kept the lights on and put food on the table. All because of those fights. A couple years ago I met the girl of my dreams and the women I want to marry and I realised I was getting too old for this shit. I bought a couple more businesses and left the ring."

"Erick still fights for his own reasons. And tonight one of the fighters dad who also happens to be the leader of a biker gang didn't like that Erick beat his son up. That's why you were attacked" Romeo finished, Cami rubbed his back comforting him.

"Do you...still sell drugs?" I asked, "no I left that after my grandparents died. All my businesses are legal I can assure you" he said sincerity in his eyes. I sat back on the couch I was sitting on, "I think we should get some rest this is a lot to take in and we can take in the morning" Cami said standing up.

She stretched her hand out to me and I took it leaving the boys in the living room, she lead me up the stairs and into a bedroom. "You can sleep in Erick's room, get some rest well talk tomorrow" she said and stunned to leave.

"Cam wait" I stopped her, she turned back to me and came over to sit next to me on the bed, "you knew about all this?" I asked. "Romeo had to tell me everything or else I wouldn't be marrying him" she said, "Why'd you stay?"

"Because I love him" she replied simply, "how can you be sure that he won't hurt you or you won't get hurt in the cross fire?" I asked. "Honey, you and Erick are still new to this relationship and unfortunately he didn't get to tell you the truth on his own terms. But I know for a fact that he cares for you very much, that that alone should answer all your questions. Romeo and I trust each other and one day you'll also get to that point. You have to have faith" she said and stood up.

"Now got to sleep and stop worrying, everything is going to work out" she walked out the door and closed it. I sighed and pulled the covers back and got into the bed, I swticed the lights off and closed my eyes but no sleep came to me.

A little while after I heard the room door open and from the silhouette that it was Erick. He came over to the bed and I felt his eyes staring at me, I turned over so that my back was to him. I heard him sigh before the door opened and closed again.