Chapter Twenty Seven

"Wow, that hurt I thought you would be happy to see me" he said closing the door, "I'm sorry. I am happy to see you" I gave him a hug and he pecked me on the lips.

"Don't worry babe I'm here to keep you company" he said flexing an arm, I laughed and went into the living room. "I wish she would of told me then I would of planned better, I only have girly things set up" I said sitting on the couch.

"Well how about we do those girly things together?" He suggested dropping his bag by the door and sitting next to me, "are you sure?" I asked giving him a look. "As long as I don't have to paint my nails, I'm cool" he said, "Okay then, let build a fort" I said excitedly.

It took us three and a half hours because Erick wanted a perfect instagram worthy fort, where as I was good with anything. We moved the couches, put blankets and pillows down and dropped bedsheets, got some long sticks to hold it up and Erick even hooked up some fairy lights.

"Are you ready?" He asked as we admired out master peice from the outside, "Yes" I said then I crawled into the fort, "Wow" I gasped. "We did a pretty good job" he said and we high fived, he hand managed to cover the TV too so it was part of the fort. "Now let's get all the food" I pulled him out with me again and went into the kitchen, "you order a pizza and some cheese fingers while I get the other stuff" I said handing him the phone.

About an hour later we walked back to the living room carrying the stuff, "this can hardly be called food" he said. We had pizza, cheese fingers, potato chips, cans of soda, chocolate bars, marshmallows and some water. I rolled my eyes at him as we put everything in front of us, we had changed into our pj's and now ready to watch a movie.

I was a bit shy to put on the romance movie I had lined for Cami and I, I settled with watching a horror, then a comedy then a romance. We stayed up all night watching movies and talking, Erick wrapped me in his arms and I rested my head on his chest.

We had only gotten a few hours of sleep when I heard a loud crashing sound, I quickly sat up and checked the time on my phone. "What's wrong?" Erick asked rubbing his eyes, "I think someone's in the house" I said creeping forward to get a better look. Erick pulled the back of my t-shirt making fall on my butt.

"Grab your phone and here are my car key, if I say run you go and get into my car then you get Romeo he'll know what to do" he instructed handing me his keys with a grim look on his face.

I crawled out of the fort from behind him and we crept around the house switching the lights on as we went. When we got to my bed room, Erick switched the lights on and a group of men stood in front of us with guns.

Erick pushed me behind him so his body covered mine, "it's about time you got up, we've been waiting here for hours" the man in the middle of the group spoke. He looked to be in his forties and had grey hair with a clean shaven face. "What the hell are you doing here?" Erick spat anger clouding his eyes.

"I've just come for justice and to return the favour of your kindness towards my son" the man said, "you know it's a fair fight once he's in the ring, you have no right to be here" Erick said.

"I'll show you my rights, boys" Erick slammed my room door shut and threw me onto the floor before covering me with his body, "Fuck!" He swore as the bullets rained down on us. Once they stooped firing he got up and picked me up then pushed me towards the stairs. "Go, go,go!" He yelled as we ran down the stairs and out of the house.

I pulled his keys out and got into the drivers seat, I started the car and pulled away as the men ran out onto the lawn and shot at Erick's car. "Step on it" he said, he reached under his seat and pulled out a gun. Rolling the window down he leaned out of the car and shot back at the guys as we drove away.

"We're am I going exactly?" I asked my hands and voice shaking, "take a left here" he instructed. I kept my eyes on the road and didn't say anything, Erick only spoke to give me directions. The tension was high between us but I feared what would happen if I broke down at that very moment so I held it in until we got to his house.

A few more twists and turns later, we pulled up to the front gate of a mansion. The gate opened and I drove through to the front door, when I got out of the car I noticed the place was like a fortress. High walls, electric fencing, armed guards and guard dogs all over the place. Besides that it was beautiful.

We got into the house and Romeo rushed down the grand staircase to met us in the foryer, wearing a pair of boxer shorts and Cami tailing him wearing a nightdress and matching gown.

I was scared, no I was terrified. Some people just broke in then shot up my house before shooting at me, the guy I liked and cared deeply for was lying to me, my parents were going to kill me, and for the first time since I met him. Romeo's face held anger.