Chapter Nine

"Fuck!" The guy yelled out as he held his nose and stumbled back, his hands changing colour from the amount of blood flowing out of his nose.

"Just clam the fuck down man" I turned to my right to see Romeo holding a very angry looking Erick back. "Let's go" Romeo ordered, Cami grabbed my hand and our things then dragged me to the car. "I said let's fucking go" Romeo hissed at Erick, he reluctantly turned around and walked back to the car.

Cami had unlocked the car and made me get in. The guys got to the car and immediately got in, Erick got in the driver seat and like a mad man ripped through the streets.

"I think that's enough fun for tonight. Let's get the girls home" Romeo said as we left the parking lot. The tension in the car was suffocating, no one spoke not even the radio was on. I  could still feel the anger radiating off of Erick like a huge tidal wave.

"You two go ahead we'll be there in a minute" Romeo dismissed us as we pulled up to the curb of Cami's house. I quickly got out and walked towards the front door.

"Hey" Erick said grabbing my hand making me stop, I turned and looked back at him. He held my hand and we both walked up to the front door and sat on the step. "Look...I'm really sorry about what happened today. I just... I just couldn't stand hearing him talk shit about you" he said mindlessly playing with my fingers.

As he turned our hands over I saw a  bruise on his knuckles. I grabbed my bag and pulled out my wipes then put his large hand on my lap and began cleaning the blood off it.

"I don't know who those guys were or what they were talking about and I don't care. The fact that you stood up for me is enough. Thank you" I said looking at him as I spoke.

"That's what friends do right" he shrugged, "yeah" I smiled at him. We heard the car door close and the love birds approaching us. Erick stood and helped me up. "I'm sorry the fun had to get cut short but let's not make this the last time we go out together" Romeo said.

"It's okay I had an awsome time, thanks for inviting me" I smiled at him. "Bye" he turned to Cami and gave her a hug and kiss on the lips, then he came to me and gave me a tight hug before turning and heading  to the car.

"Goodnight Erick" Cami said giving him a hug and kiss on the cheek then she went into the house. Erick turned to me, "I had fun let's do it again sometime" he said.

"Can I?...um... can I give you a hug" he asked scratching the back of his head, "sure" I laughed at him. He stepped closer and wrapped his arms around my waist and I placed my hands on his shoulders. "Thanks I had fun too" I said to him. "Goodnight" I said when we pulled away, "goodnight" he called to me as I walked to the front door.

I got in and closed the door behind me leaning against it until I heard the car pull away.

"What a night huh?" Cami asked coming out of the kitchen with two bottles of water. "Thanks" I said taking it from her, "it's late and you look like you need to rest. Why don't you head up while I switch the lights off down here" she didn't have to tell me twice I was already making my way up the stairs.

Once in Cami's room I pulled out my over night bag, I got out my pj's and some other stuff that I needed then went to the bathroom. I pulled off my clothes and changed into my pj's then washed out all the makeup that got left off of my face and brushed my hair and teeth.

I came out of the bathroom to see Cami already in her pj's too, she must of changed in the guest bathroom. "I'm so tired I could sleep for a month" she complained as she got into bed. I got in next to her, "how can you be tired? You do this all the time with  them" I said as I stared up at the ceiling.

"True, tonight was nothing. Sometimes they go out of town on business and take me with, we don't sleep the whole time we're there" she shrugged one shoulder. "That's crazy" I gaped at her, "Okay I'm exaggerating, maybe we get about 4 hours of sleep nothing more or less" she shrugged again.

"Goodnight Alex, see you in the morning" she yawned then turned onto her side. "Goodnight Cam" I said also turning to my side and closing my eyes.