Chapter 18: The Kryptonian Needs Help?

Damian and Raven walked into the computer room with Batman staring at the screen waiting for them.

"What's happening to them, father?" Damian asked walking towards his father.

"Based on their reports; criminals are using apokoliptic tech to attack. Apparently Japanese are against heroes now. Saying they need to stand on their own." Batman said.

"How can a powerful wizard and kryptonian not beat them?" Raven asked emphasizing on wizard and kryptonian.

"The tech from apokolips are incredibly strong. We underestimated them. Plus they have a piece of kryptonite thanks to their knowledge on Superman and Constantine IS strong but his body is just human." He added.

"So what's the problem now?" Damian asked with an raised eyebrow.

"They're captured." Batman said plainly.

"Well then let's go get them." Ravem said. "I'll bring some assassins along." Damian added looking back to Raven. She nodded in response.

"No! The less people the better. We don't need extra attention." Batman said sternly. Damian just glared at his father. He was gettting annoyed by this, his father was always like this to him. Rejecting his ideas even though it might work.

He was about to speak up but Faven spoke through their link. Don't she said. That one word made Damian calm down. She was able to relax him. She was his weakness.

"We leave in 5 minutes." Batman announced.

They nodded and then left to get ready. Damian put his Robin suit on, he suddenly felt like be got tired of wearing this suit. He was staring at himself in a mirror wearing his uniform.  Raven noticed his unsettled look and went beside him and looked at him. "What's wrong?" Raven asked concerned.

He looked to her, meeting her eyes. Her eyes always made him tell the while truth. No hiding.

"It's just that, yes my grandfather and my mother made me a warrior who never gives up but I just feel like I'm getting tired of wearing this uniform. Like I feel like I'm done." He admitted.

"You want to settle down?" She asked confused. "Maybe someday. But yeah, probably soon." He said, he was also confused by this emotion. He was trained to never settle and always be prepared. He was a warrior.

"I just want to live a normal life for once...........with you." He said staring into those captivating amethyst eyes. She was shocked, he was already thinking of the future. That was a step in their relationship. But she also wanted to move forward. "Me too, but now we need to save a kryptonian and a wizard." She said with a smile.

"Yeah, let's go." He said returning the smile.

They left their room to go where Flash and Batman were waiting. "The jet is ready." Batman said.

"Jet?" Raven asked with a sassy tone then she used her magic to teleport them where Clark and John were.

It took a few seconds to travel there.

"Or we can do that." Flash said once they appeared outside of a damaged building in Japan.

"What do we do now?" Robin asked looking at Batman.

"Flash, find the device. The rest of us save Clark and Constantine." Batman ordered. They al nodded then Flash sped off.

The three ran inside the building to find where they were.

After minutes of sneaking at the huge building they found the room where the two were trapped in with guards watching.

Batman and Robin took the guards down with ease with Raven behind. They ran to the two tied heroes and started to cut the ropes holding them.

Clark and John were out cold so they needed to carry them. Lucky for them they have Raven who can levitate.

While they were doing the ropes guys with apokoliptic tech came from behind, their sides, and infront and started blasting them. Raven shielded them from the blasts.

Raven groaned. She was not use to using nor holding magic for too long. "Raven..." Damian trailed off, he was worried. He saw Raven having a hard time at doing this.

Raven used her magic to push her shield forward slamming the guys to the walls behind them.

Both Damian and Bruce were shocked by her attack. That was the biggest and strongest attack they saw Raven used.

She was panting and almost fell. Her legs started giving up on her but before she could fall Damian rushed to her side and helped her up. "Raven! Are you okay?" He asked worried.

She gave him a weak smile. "I'll be fine, but I don't think I can levitate the two of them already." She said gesturing to the still knocked out heroes.

Damian chuckled. "Okay, we'll take of them. Can you walk?" He asked. She nodded.

She started to stand up with Damian holding her to be  steady.

Damian let go of her once she was steady and okay. Batman carried the two, one on each shoulder. "Can you teleport us home, Raven?" Batman asked. "Father! She's weak, can you be considerate." Damian said glaring daggers at his father.

They're silence was interrupted when Flash ran in the room with a case in his hands. "I got it -woah! What happened here?" He exclaims.

"We got attacked but we're fine, Raven is drained though." Batman said. "Oh okay. How are we going to get home?" He asked.

"I can teleport us." Raven said weakly.

Damian raised his arm towards his girlfriend. "But Raven you're-" Damian was interrupted by Raven. "I can do it Damian." She reassured him. He knew she can do it so he just relaxed.

"Let's go." Raven said raising her arms infront of her. The heroes gathered around her.

"Azarath metrion zinthos." She chanted. They teleported back to the base.

Once they arrived Raven fell to the floor. Damian quickly rushed to her aid. "Raven are you okay?" He asked looking into her eyes. "I'm going to be fine, I just need to rest." She said faintly.

He nodded then picked her up bridal style. "I'm bringing her to our room. She needs rest. Take care of these two." He said looking at his father and Allen then to the knocked out heroes.

He then carried her to their room.

Once they were infront of th door he used one of his hands to twist the door and used his foot to open the door. Once they entered he used his back to close the door.

He laid her carefully on the mattress and put the covers over her. Once she landed on the mattress she snuggled to the pillow.

He kissed her forehead then turned to leave but before he could go far he felt someone grab his cape.

"Thank your for defending me from you're father earlier. You know you didn't need to do that." She said softly.

"Well it's his fault. He was more worried about getting home and not you." He said pissed. "Well he's Batman what do you expect?" Raven joked.

Damian just chuckled while rolling his eyes. Raven knew this even though he had a mask on.

"Damian...." she trailed off. "What?" He asked softly. "Can you stay with me. Hold me in you're arms." She said looking down, not wanting him to see her blush. "Sure, my love." He said before removing his mask to reveal the emerald eyes that she loved so much.

She moved so he can lie down beside her. Once he was settled. He wrapped his arms around his beloved and held her tight. Wanting to protect her from anything. He wanted to be always close to her.

"Thanks Dame........for everything." She said.

"Anything for you beloved." He said then kissed her head.

Soon tiredness took over and they both fell asleep.

Hoped you enjoyed this chapter.

- CALIX.