Chapter 20: Son And Friend / Accidents.

Bruce finished the stabilizer a few days later, it was ready for use.

He called the team for a meeting, when everyone arrived they sat down and waited for him to speak.

"The stabilizer is ready." He started, everyone's face were either shocked or happy.

"All we need now is a reaper from Apokolips. Luckily, there is one that wasn't destroyed by the strike team." He added.

He based from everyone's faces that they wanted him to continue, so he did.

"It's the one in China." He said. Damian and Clark clenched their fists, remembering who was assigned there.

Clark got pissed because one way or another, Jon was his son. That he lost after like a year of being together. Engineered or not, he was his son. For Damian it was because they were friends. He won't admit it, but he liked the company of the half kryptonian. He was his friend.

Raven noticed Damian's clenched fist so she put her hand on top of it.

Relax.

She said through their link.

He relaxed his fist and smiled at Raven who just nodded in response. Their gazes went back to the meeting being held.

"So we have everything, batsy?" Constantine asked. Batman asked.

"Then let's get this bloody show on the road." He said standing up and clapping his hands together.

Batman nodded again.

"When do we start this mission?" Clark asked.

"Soon as possible, I need to finalize some details first but I'll alert you guys when we are all set." He clarified.

"Okay then, let's save up our energy." Barry said ending the meeting.

Bruce went back to the computer while everyone left.

"Clark!" Diana said trying to catch up to the man of steel in the hallway. "Diana what's wrong?" He asked.

"It's just I saw you get tense during the meeting when were talking about the strike team. Is everything okay?" She pointed out.

He leaned on the wall, "It's just that I was reminded of my son." He said, Diana nodded. "When he was alive I avoided him, because I wasn't ready to have a son. But now that he was gone, it feels like something's missing." He confessed.

"Then I also lost Lois." He added. Diana just stood there listening to him speaking his emotions out. Once he stayed silent Diana took the opportunity to speak.

"Clark, they may be gone from our touch. But they will never be gone from your heart and mind, you're memories. You now what they say, you're mind is a safe nobody can crack." She said.

Clark just smiled, "Thanks, I really need that." He thanked her.

"No problem, that's what friends are for right?" She said with a smirk. She nodded then started to walk the other way but Clark grabbed her wrist and pulled her to him. Diana was shocked by the next action.

He kissed her.........

Meanwhile, Damian and Raven were tending to the assassins' reports and concerns. After they listened and tended to all of them they just in the corner of the room where they usually sat.

"Do you think this plan will work?" Raven asked. "I hope so. I don't really know the odds but I guess we just have faith." Damian said.

"You mean belief made of absence of data." Raven joked with a smirk. "Yeah that." He said with a chuckle.