Chapter 28: Party For Her.

Raven, being a powerful empath and half demon, can do alot of crazy and magical things.

One of them is being able to reconstruct buildings or repair them. So in a blink of an eye she can make a destroyed building good as new, as if it was never destroyed.

That is the skill she was using now.

Her and Damian were sent to Metropolis to help civilians repair the damage caused during Darkseid's invasion on Earth.

Raven would repair buildings and structures and Damian would assist people for their needs.

Everytime Raven would repair a building, the people living or near her would compliment her, she thinks its completely unnecessary but a part of her is flattered. If she was like her father she would get the opposite of compliments, but she isn't.

After a whole day of repairing and using her magic, Raven definitely grow tired, her hair would go back to purple meaning that she was drained or not using her full potential.

Raven's hair color would depend on the level of her magic she was using.

Purple if it was just light spells and just a little of magic.

White if she was using most of her magic or doing a strong attack.

She sat on a bench watching the people move back in buildings, she saw children chasing each other playfully, laughter can also be heard. Thanks to her powers, she was able to bring back color to the city and the people.

She was so lost in thought and the view that she didn't notice Damian sit beside her.

"Raven?" He asks, breaking her out of her trance. She snaps her head to his direction then looks down at his hands that were holding a cup of soda.

He hands her a cup and she takes it and brings it to her mouth, taking small sips.

"Thank you." She said gesturing to the cup of soda, he nods with a smile in response.

They lock eyes and just smile, loving the view of the other.

They were so lost in each other's eyes that they did not see the civilian heading towards them.

"Excuse me." The girl greets, causing the hero couple to face her, the girl was in her twenties with brown hair.

"Yes?" Raven asks nicely, "Umm can you guys come with me for awhile?" She asks.

"What for?" Damian asks in an interrogating tone. The girl was taken back by his tone.

Raven reaches to his arm and squeezes it telling him to stay quiet.

"We just have another house that needs repairing." She informs.

"She's tired, let her rest." Damian says sternly, causing Raven to tighten the squeeze on his arm.

"Of course." She says with a smile before standing up. The girl starts walking back and Raven followed.

Damian, being the protected boyfriend that he is, follows the two.

Once they get there, the sight wasn't a wrecked or destroyed building. Instead, it was a very colorful lit place, with food and drinks.

"What is all this?" Raven asks still shocked, definitely not expecting this.

"You fixed our homes, gave us a place to stay again, you're fixing the world. You deserve this." The girl said with a smile.

Damian also was suprised but let out a little grin, he knew she deserved this kind of praise.

The girl and Raven walked to the festivities with Damian following behind.

Raven spent most of the time talking to the people at the party, she also ate a bit. Damian just watched her have fun.

He was sitting at a bench watching Raven converse with the people. He saw her end the conversation and start walking to him.

Once she reaches him, she sits on his lap and pecks his cheek.

"How are you?" She asks with a small smile. "I'm doing fine, how about you?" He says.

"I'm okay, I'm enjoying talking with these people, not hiding behind the darkness of my hood." She says then let's out a chuckle. Damian chuckles in return, "But I also want to head back." She said resting her head on the crook of his neck. Her breathing on his skin, sent shivers down the boy wonder's spine.

"Then we should head back." He replies, Raven nods under his chin.

Raven slowly gets up and stands straight, gathering everyone's attention.

Once she got everyone's attention, she started.

"Thank you so much for the party! It was so much fun. I had fun talking to you all. I hope you can enjoy your houses again. Unfortunately, we have to go." She says, tone filled with joy until she got to the last part.

They all nod in understanding, a few "goodbye"s filled the air.

Raven nods back with a smile, then let's her hands out, ready for her magic. She looks back and makes sure that Damian is within her area to transport him.

When she starts chanting her spell, she expects her magic to envelope them but sadly it did not. She looks down at her hands to check what was wrong. Once Damian realizes they hadn't teleported yet he got confused.

"What's wrong?" Damian said, concerned and confused.

"I must be drained." She replies, "I'll call for father to pick us up." He said.

"You can stay here." One of the residents suggested, both Damian and Raven were shocked by the person's request.

"What?" Raven asks, clearly not following.

"You can stay here, we have enough room for the both of you." They inform.

Raven looks back at Damian who shrugs in response. Raven gets his decision by that movement then faces the crowd.

"We'll stay." Raven says with joy, everyone claps in response then they ask the heroes to follow them.

After a few minutes of walking they find a small house that Raven rebuilt earlier.

They head inside and take a tour around their little place, the bedroom was enough for the both of them, and the bed was comfortable enough.

Since they didn't bring any sleeping clothes they just improvised.

Raven wore the Robin tunic while Damian wore boxers only.

Now they're both laid down on the bed and in each other's arms.

"Hey Damian..." Raven said breaking their silence.

"Yes?" He asks. "Would you like this......in the future, living in a small house in the city, and probably some other stuff?" Raven asks facing him, their eyes meeting.

"I would like all that, but I won't if it's not with you." He says with a smile, Raven returns the smile.

They share one passionate kiss before falling asleep in each other's arms.

Hoped you enjoyed this chapter.

- CALIX.