Chapter 22: Mission. Part: II.

Raven fell asleep on Damian's shoulder a few minutes after they ascended, Damian also fell into a nap after Raven. The heroes awake just did their own things.

Batman was always on his computer checking stuff.

Barry and Constantine were chatting for almost the entire trip, talking about Iris and Zatanna.

Clark and Diana were also just chatting casually but would have a few laughs every now and then.

They left the other cyborg heroes on the base to take care of things while they're gone.

AFTER A FEW HOURS..........

Raven slowly woke up to the jet shaking, she was wondering the cause for that so she looked out the window to see the outside. She slowly reached for the window, passing by a sleeping Damian. She looked up to his face to see if he were to wake up by her movements. He didn't though.

When she opened the window shield she saw that they were still moving but she also saw something green by the bottom.

Grass.

They were landing? Means they were here. She slowly  wakes up Damian, she lightly shakes him causing him to stir awake.

He groans because of the movement, he slowly opens her eyes to reveal Raven looking at him.

"We're here." She says, causing him to look at the window and see the grass and trees.

"Did you get enough rest?" He asks looking back at her.

She nods slowly with a smile, he always cared if she slept well, and that meant a lot for her.

They looked around the jet to see the others looking out the window, looking around at the damage done by the parademons.

"Let's go league, we don't want to waste time." Superman said getting up from his seat. He also help Diana up from her seat.

"Flash can you get our equipment and bring it outside." Batman instructed.

Flash nodded from his seat then ran off.

The rest of the team took turns leaving the jet because the door can't fit all of them at the same time. Last ones to leave the aircraft were Damian and Raven.

Once the team exited the sight before them was definently going to give you chills.

It was the Great Wall of China broken to pieces, dead bodies of soldiers all over the place, some ripped in half and some just bitten apart.

They were in The Great Wall of China since the last unharmed reaper was here.

"Wow, the great wall, not so great anymore huh?" Constantine jokes. Everybody sent their glares to the man, causing him to widened his eyes.

"What?" He asks nonchalantly. The others just rolled their eyes then started walking. "Where is this reaper?" Diana asked.

"It's suppose to be here somewhere." Batman said as he looked around. The other members also looked around to find anything that will be worthy of attention.

After a few minutes of walking, something caught Damian's attention.

Raven felt her hand get squeezed so she stopped walking. "What is it?" She asks looking at him.

He doesn't answer, but Raven notices him looking at something.

She follows his gaze, when she found what he was looking at her eyes widened.

There on the ground, was their fallen teammate, a fallen Titan, and their friend.

"Guys, look at that." She says stopping the team from it's tracks and looking at the direction she and Damian were looking at.

When they looked down, they saw him.

Superboy.

His dead body just on the cold floor. Clark immediately rushes down to the boy, then holding him in his arms.

He hugged him tight.

"Jon, I.......I'm so sorry." He says, wishing he can be heard by the said boy.

Damian on the other hand felt tears forming on the corners of his eyes but shrugged it off.

Now is not the time for mourning. We need to fix this, as much as we can. But we will come back for you Superboy. We will. This is for you and everyone else who has fallen.

Damian thought to himself, Raven felt his sadness so she just rested her head on his shoulder comforting him without any words.

Diana floats down to Clark and puts a reassuring hand on his shoulder. Clark looks over his shoulder to look at the half cyborg.

"It isn't your fault Clark. This is Darkseid's doing." She says.

Clark knew that wasn't true, he didn't belive it was the truth.

"No, Diana, if I had just made a better plan of attack he should be alive, but instead my anger and frustration got the better of me." He says tone filled with regret and sorrow.

"Clark....." She tried to find words, she knew this was hard for him, for all of them.

"We are not perfect, we make mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes can't be fixed but we learn from them, and the people we lost............we carry them in our heart, mind, and soul. We will never forget them, they give us strength. They remind us that we are always loved and cared for."

Clark felt tears fall down his cheeks. She was right.

Lois, Jon and the other people he lost, they were his strength.........his source of hope.

He put the body of his son back down and stood up. "We'll come back for him after." He said looking over his shoulder to Diana. She nods then flies back up to he team.

Clark takes one more look at Jon before flying back up to the rest of the team.

Once he arrives at the top they started walking again.

Damian and Raven following behind with her head still on his shoulder.

"You okay?" She asks, not taking her eyes of the team in front. "Yeah, I just miss him, and his annoying voice." He said casuing the half demon to giggle softly for the team not to hear.

After a few more minutes of walking, a black and red structure standing on four legs came to view.

"We found it." Batman said looking at the reaper.

"Then let's do this." Superman said walking past Batman and to the reaper.

"How do we activate this?" Superman asks.

"I don't know, I still need to study it but since I was on the Morbius Chair, it will be easy." He replies. Batman then started unpacking the equipment below the structure.

"Good. Let's do this gang." He says facing the team, they all nodded then all started unpacking.

The team was getting closer to their biggest mission yet.

Will they pull it off?

Hoped you enjoyed this chapter. 1096 words.

- CALIX.