Chapter 29: Is That What You Really Want?

Raven slowly opened her eyes, adjusting to the morning shine of the sun. She feels her boyfriend's arms around her figure, her head laying on his chest. She snuggles closer to his body, her movement causes his arms to tighten its grip on her figure.

Damian slowly stirs awake, he slowly opens his eyes and looks down on the beautiful woman laying in his arms.

"Good morning." He greets with a smile, "Good morning to you too." She smiles, then pushes herself up to land a small peck on his lips.

She was about to pull back but Damian's arms push her back.

They continued kissing for a few more minutes before pulling away, panting.

They both give each other a warm smile, then goes back in just lying in silence in their bed.

Because of their current situation and location thought of something that they talked about before.

"Umm...Damian?"

"Yeah?" He responds looking down on the mage.

"Remember when you said that you wanted to settle down and just be normal." She says,

That scene just rushes back to Damian's mind.

"Umm..yes, why?" He asks.

"Do you still wanna do it?" She asks. Damian ponders on her question, he actually didn't know if he wanted to settle down or not. He likes saving people and cities from criminals but he also wants a taste of normalcy.

"I.......don't know." He replies, Raven nods, the scenery of the normal house they're in gives her an idea.

"How about this, we're right here in a normal home, in the city, why don't we just be normal today." She suggests, Damian gets shocked by her idea, but ponders about it.

"No powers, no missions, just a normal couple who roams the city." She says.

Raven searches his face for an answer, but his thinking face was covering other emotions that could surface.

After a while, Damian has made his decision. His lips form into a smile.

"That's one of the best ideas I've ever heard."

She returns the smile then goes back on laying on his chest.

AFTER A FEW HOURS.....

They got ready for the day, Damian called his father to tell him that they'll spend another day there and he approves.

Raven used her magic to give them casual clothes, because their suits really were not gonna help with the whole normalcy thing.

After they got everything done they both headed out the home to enjoy the day.

First, they went to have breakfast. They saw a nearby cafe and decided to go eat there.

When they got in, the place was kind of empty, so they had a lot of choices on where to sit.

They decided to go with the table in the corner part of the cafe.

Once they sat down the waitress handed them the menus. Every now and then Damian would look up from the menu and just look at Raven read the menu. Raven also did the same thing, she would glance above the menu to see Damian reading the same thing.

But one moment, they both looked up from the menus and caught each other's glance. Their eyes widen and their faces immediately go down for the menu to cover the blushes on their faces.

After a while Damian looked at Raven to see if she has decided on something, she nods slowly in approval.

Damian raises his arm to call the attention of the waitress. When the waitress came over he told her their orders. The waitress left to make the orders while the two just sat there waiting.

After a little while, their orders came. Raven had bacon, eggs, and tea while Damian had a sandwich and tea.

They ate their food in silence, they would steal glances from the other every once in a while.

Once they were done with their food, Damian called for the check and just looked out the window nearest to them.

Coincidentally, she saw a young couple walking the streets laughing. Raven couldn't help but let a small smile crawl up on her lips.

Damian saw her and followed her gaze to the couple, he put his hand and put it on top of hers, causing her to jump a bit and look at him with wide eyes.

Damian shows a small smile which she returns, they just get lost in each other's eyes.

The other's eyes were a cage they wouldn't mind to get locked in.

The waitress came to the table with the check, breaking the two out of their trance.
"Here you go." The waitress says happily with a smile.

Damian pays for the bill, then leaves with his girlfriend  to explore the city.

They ended up in Metropolis City Library.

They scanned the shelves for books to read for the next few hours.

Once they found their own selections they found a table not to public to sit and relax in.

They read in silence, but Raven would kick his leg under the table every now and then, he would look at her and she would muffle a laugh. Damian loved seeing her happy, even though the kicking was slightly painful.

They spent the entire afternoon reading and being silently playful.

When it was getting dark they left to just roam the city.

They ended up in a park in the center of the city.

They sat down on a wooden bench and just watched the city at night in all its glory.

Damian placed his hand on top of Raven's and rested her head on his shoulder.

"So...." She trails off, Damian knew where she was going with this.

"What do you think?" She asks, pulling her head back to face him.

Damian puts a strand of hair behind her ear, "I think that..." Raven started to get scared and nervous because his response.

"That I don't want to have a normal life if it isn't with you." He says with a loving smile. The demoness' body relaxes and returns the smile.

"And I want to make sure that IT IS with you."

He got down on one knee.

Raven covered her mouth with her hands in utter shock.

"Rachel Roth, if I'm going to take the chance to have a normal life. I want it to be with you and ONLY you."

Raven had tears forming in her eyes and dripping on her face.

Damian brought out a a ring with red little gems around it and an amethyst on the middle.

"Rachel, will you marry me?"

Hoped you enjoyed this chapter.