Chapter 24: Mission. Part: IV.

Did you ever experience having such a good plan go wrong. At first it was well and everything was happening was in place, then something ruins the entire thing.

That's what's happening now.

As Raven shields the heroes, the heroes watches everything get destroyed; the Apokolips reaper, their computer set up.

Luckily Clark was still wearing the radiation suit and was still holding on to the conduit, but they have no reaper.

"I. Can't. Hold. On. Much. Longer." Raven said with struggle and restrain, trying to focus on protecting the league.

The tornadoes were beside them, circling around them.

Superman looks at Batman for an answer, but his face says nothing.

Clark was beginning to think that this won't work, but he can't give up. He symbolizes hope, he cannot lose it.

But as of now they need to formulate a plan B.

He looks at Raven, "Raven can you teleport us back to the jet?" He asked, hurry and panic in his tone.

That question made everyone look at him with a confused face. "What?" Constantine asks, thinking he heard something else.

"We just need to make a plan B, but we are not leaving until we are done and safe!" He shouts. John simply gives up trying to fight the man of steel then waits for Raven's decision.

"I can." She simply answers, Clark nods, "Then let's go." He nearly shouts.

You can hear the struggle in Raven's voice when she chanted, "Azarath. Metrion. Zinthos."

They got covered in white magic, then after a few seconds they appeared infront of their jet.

They all watched Raven collapse to the ground unconscious.

"Raven!" Damian shouts rushing to her side. He knelt beside her form, and holds her in his arms.

"Raven! Please wake up!" He shouts to her face, fear and worry in his voice.

The slight movement of her eyes revealing her amethyst orbs indicated she was alright.

"I'm okay, Damian." She says softly while she reaches a hand up and caresses his cheek. She gives a soft smile which Damian returns.

Damian was relieved to hear her voice and see her smile. He leans to her touch, feeling her warmth on his face.

They were lost in each other's eyes to notice that was Clark was speaking, "What do we do now? We need a plan B." He says to the team.

"Hey Supes, can we talk about that later and just watch those two get lost in the other's eyes. I mean like, look at them, such pure love. I have shipped this for the longest time. Team Damirae, Let's go!" Barry exclaims, which causes everyone to glare at the speedster.

Batman glared at Barry for a few minutes before putting his gaze on his son, whose lips were attached to Raven's.

Are they literally making out now? I can see the tongue in there. What happened to 'mission first' Damian? Bruce thought.

"Damian!" Bruce shouts, hearing his name, Damian and Raven break the make out and face the team.

Constantine's smirk.
His father's stern and plain face.
Superman's face of disgust
Diana's 'weirded out' face.

The only thing unusual fromt he tension now was Barry, who had a huge smile on his face with his hands forming a thumbs up.

"Can you make out later and do the mission first?" Bruce asked, which caused the couple to look at him.

"Of course, father." The boy wonder replies, and quickly lets go of Raven.

Raven stands up and fixes herself, her cloak was almost off. Damian also stands properly, looks down and fixes his uniform, one button of his suit was already open.

How can they help it? When they locked gazes earlier, they forgot about the entire world and all its problems. They forgot about the team and this mission.

"Kids these days, huh, batsy?" John says nudging Bruce's arm with a smirk.

He earned a glare from the bat, which makes Constantine move back and away, from what might be his death.

"As I was saying, we need a plan B." Superman said trying to break unwanted tension.

"And we need to think of it quickly." Diana chimed in.

It takes a moment before Raven got an idea.

"I have one." Raven makes herself noticed, everyone's face turned to look at the young mage.

"I can bring Clark down there." She said with confidence.

"Raven no! You barely made it out alive shielding us earlier. Do you think that you can shield you and Kent for a round trip from Earth's core." Damian rushes infront of her, blocking the other's gazes.

She puts her hands on both Damian's shoulders. "Babe, I can do this, trust me." She says with a smile.

"But-" He was cut off. "Trust me." She repeats, Damian nods, he trusted her that she'll be alright and well.

She moves pass Damian and walks towards Superman.

"Are you sure you can do this? Because if you're just forcing yourself we can-" Clark asks but gets cut off.

"I can." She reassures.

Clark nods with a smile, he was proud of Raven. Because.....

What ever happened, during the battle with Darkseid, and her team dying. She stayed strong, she had hope, thanks to Damian probably.

"Let's go." He says to the empath.

Raven nods then walks to get beside him. Once she was beside the Kryptonian she let her arms out but someone from behind pulls her.

She turns and was ready to speak but a pair of lips meet hers in a kiss. She quickly reciprocates the kiss and wraps her arms around his neck. His arms around her petite form.

They pull away, gasping for air. "Stay safe, beloved." He says softly, a volume only she can hear. She hums and nods. "I will." She said with a smile. "Come back to me, okay?" He says, "I will." She answers again. He gives a warm smile which she reciprocated.

He releases her from his grasp and let her walk back to Superman.

She nods to the man of steel, and he nods back. She puts her arms out and let her magic envelope them.

The rest of the team just watches until they're gone.
Enveloped by her magic.

Come back to me, beloved. Damian thought to himself.

Hoped you enjoyed this chapter. 1047 words,

- CALIX.