Chapter 23: Mission. Part: III.

Batman was able to activate the reaper after 2 to 3 hours.

Now here he was, preparing the radiation suit for the Kryptonian.

"Clark, you need to put this on now." He said to the kryptonian talking to Flash. Clark nods in response then cuts his conversation with Barry to go to Bruce.

Batman opened the large case that revealed the Radiation suit.

Clark got the pieces one by one, starting from the feet to his head.

Meanwhile, Raven couldn't help but feel worry for the man of steel. After all, he was like a father to her. He saved her from making the biggest mistake of her life. He comforted her during dark times of the invasion.

Damian, being a caring boyfriend, notices Raven's worry, it was all over her face. So he decided to comfort the empath.

He walked to her and stopped infront of her, taking away Raven's gaze from Superman putting on the suit and to his forest green eyes. "Hey, are you alright?" He asked with a gentle tone, reserved only for her.

"Yeah, I think so....I just worry alot that's all." She reassures bringing her gaze back to the Kryptonian. "I know you do." He says, then following her gaze.

"Look, Kent has endured Darkseid's torture. He surely would be able to handle this." He reassures his worried girlfriend. "Yeah, I know, but still......" She replies. She was unsteady, she really hoped this would all end well.

"I know." He simply replies back.

After that they just kept their attention to the man of steel.

Clark puts the helmet on after putting on everything.

"Is it heavy?" Barry asks. "Kind of, but it's also comfortable. Either way, I'll manage." He replies back.

"We made it so you can fly properly without any weight change, but there should be enough layers for protection." Batman informs the superhero. He nods in understanding.

Raven walks to Clark and stands in front of him. "Please be careful." She was close to begging, she didn't want to lose the person closest to being family.

Technically, she thought of Damian being the closest but she didn't want to get in that conversation just yet. She simply wasn't ready.

Clark puts both of his large hand on Raven's shoulders in reassurance, "I'll be fine Raven, stop worrying." He knew she was worried. He too considered Raven as family over the past events.

She nods slowly, she just was worried, but she trusts him that he'll get back safely. She slowly walks away back to her spot with Damian. Once she was gone, Bruce handed him the conduit.

"Here's the device to suck up the Sun's energy, press this button to turn it on and off. Once the light here turns green, close it and head back. We put cameras on your suit so we will be able to communicate with you from space." He informs.

Clark nods then takes one final look at everyone. "Let's do this!" He shouts with courage.

A strong breeze washes over everyone as the man of steel rises and heads for the Sun.

The heroes walks nearer the monitor to see the camera placed on the suit.

He saw him slowly exiting the Earth's atmosphere and into space. Raven watched closely making sure nothing bad will happen.

Once he was officially out of the Earth, he flew to the sun with great speed.

Once he reaches the sun, he wondered about something. "Uhh, Bruce?" He said through comms. "What?" He asks back. "Is this conduit also protected from the heat of the sun. So it won't melt?" He asked.

"Yes, I made sure of that over 6 times." Batman responded in his normal stern plain tone. "Good." Clark says before opening the conduit and pressed the button to start its work.

Clark and the heroes back on Earth saw the conduit work its magic by getting the Sun's energy. They saw it suck the Sun's yellow aura.

Once the light turned green he turns off the conduit heads back.

After a few minutes the heroes look up to see something crashing down to them.

"Move away!" Bruce warns, they all walk back to make landing space. As he landed smoke appeared and enveloped the area.

The league coughed as the smoke disappeared from their view to reveal a Clark with a smoking radiation suit.

"I got it." He says extending his arm with the device. Bruce carefully grabs the conduit, still very hot, that's why he immediately sets it on the table.

Raven runs to Clark and wraps her arms around the torso of the hero. "Told you, I'd be safe." He says with a smile while wrapping his arms around the young half demon.

In response, Raven just tightens her hug around him.

Clark pulls her out of the hug, "We can bond more later, now, we need to finish this." He said with a smile.

She nods, filled with confidence and determination.

"Umm, Father, Kent......" Damian trails off, everyone's attention quickly goes to the boy wonder.

They follow his gaze, and once they saw what he was staring at their jaws dropped. The sight almost made them faint.

2 tornados were headed their way, that wasn't the worst part.

Above them, lightning started raining down.

"What do we do?!" Raven asks obviously panicking, like who wouldn't in this situation.

"Shield!" Damian shouts to the empath. Raven quickly puts her arms out and white magic with a purple outline covered them.

One thing Raven forgot, to shield the reaper. Lightning strikes down to the exact place of the reaper and because of that it comes down exploding, but Raven's shield protected them.

The explosion caused them to look in the -now destroyed- reaper's direction.

"Oh shit!" Constantine shouts, the tornados come nearer each second and Raven is struggling to keep the shield up.

They're doomed......

Hoped you enjoyed this chapter, 982 words.

- CALIX.