Chapter 21: Mission. Part: I.

Today was the day, the day they stop the end of the world. The day they save everyone left.

If you were part of this mission you have the right to be nervous. I mean you only have one chance, if one fails everything fails.

That's why Damian was nervous, he didn't want to fail. Not because he was taught not to fail, but because he finally loved his life. He has the woman he loves, his father, he has everything he needs and wants.

He simply didn't want to lose it all.

So he sat here on the end of his bed contemplating. Raven noticed his unsteadiness so she decided to calm him down.

She climbed on the bed space behind him and wrapped her arms around him from behind. "You okay?" She asks between little kisses on his neck. "A little, why aren't you?" He asks back.

"I'm not nervous, because I'm not thinking about failing. I'm thinking about success." She said while looking at him from behind. He looked back at her.

"You should at least be a little scared, Raven. If one thing fails everything else fails." He points out.

"Damian, listen, We. Won't. Fail." She says with full confidence.

"You're probably right, thank you babe." He says with a smile. "You're welcome." She replies returning the smile. She pecks his lips still from behind before unwrapping his arms off him.

"Come on, get ready, we leave soon." She said. He nods and gets up from the bed to get in his Robin suit, his nervousness gone thanks to Raven.

____

Robin and Raven walked to the main gates where the heroes were except Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

"Where's the others?" Robin asks from afar. "Bats is getting the stuff we need and Clark and Diana are probably you know." Barry informed the two.

When Raven heard where Clark and Diana were she held tighter on Damian's arm. Damian just shrugged it off.

After a few minutes, Batman arrived with all equipment they need. Flash helped him get all of it on the plan in like 10 seconds, leaving Batman just standing there.

Then a few more minutes, Clark and Diana arrived bringing the awkward tension with them. While walking to the jet everybody just stared at them, the two just avoided everyone's gazes in embarrassment.

They went straight in the jet, without speaking to anyone, leaving everyone there staring at the jet's door.

"Are we just going to pretend that we didn't see that." He said pointing at the door.

Everyone just shrugged it off then started walking to the plane.

Once everybody was on the door closed and the engine started.

Damian looked out the window of the jet. Raven noticed him looking so she puts a hand on his shoulder.
"The next time you see this place is when the world is back to normal." She says with a smile. He turns to look at her and he returns the smile. Raven just rested her head on his shoulder and he rested his on her head.

The jet takes off heading to China.

The team has only one chance. Can they do it?

Hoped you enjoyed this chapter.

- CALIX.