52. Karen

I was so conflicted. This is basically my kink played out, and fuck if it turned me on. But the reality of what I'd done was a lot to take in.

Ross answered the phone, another video call. Why do people keep video calling? It's ridiculous! Karen's face popped up on the phone again. I got up and grabbed Adams T-shirt from the floor and shoved it back on. No point adding insult to injury and her having to see me naked.

"Who else is there?" Karen demanded from the screen. Ross flipped it around so she could see me and Adam awkwardly standing. Adam waved to her and it took every ounce of willpower not to laugh at the ridiculousness of his actions. God, I like this man.

"Grace how could you do this to me?! You're nothing but a cheap whore, an ugly, horrible, disgusting slut and I fucking hate you."

Karen was off on a tirade of abuse, calling all of us every hurtful name she could think of. I should really explain the situation to Adam.

"Grace, you are no daughter of mine and I wish you were never born," came the voice from the phone. Adam looked appalled. Yeah. Time to explain.

I took Adams hand and led him through to the kitchen, we left Karen screaming at Ross, and Ross trying to defend his actions.

"Grace, what in the name of fuck is going on?" Adam looked sickened.

"So Karen is my mother. My birth mother. She had me when she was 13, but I was raised by family friends, who are my real parents as far as I'm concerned. We've never been close, and she's done some pretty fucked up things while I was growing up. We got a bit closer when we had kids at the same time, but it's still a pretty strained relationship. She's also pregnant again. With Ross' baby."

Adam just sat with his mouth hanging open. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to cut his trip short...

*