Heather

Requested: A sterek Heather au

A one shot based on the song Heather by Conan Gray. The bold and italics words will be the song lyrics (some of the lyrics might be slightly different than the song just to make it fit better in the story) Heather is the same heather that appears in season 3 of TW.

I still remember third of December
"Are you cold Der?" Stiles asked.

"A little," I nodded. Stiles handed me a worn out red crewneck. The colour was faded and the edges were frayed slightly. I recognized it instantly, it's his favourite sweater. The one he had for years. I remember seeing photos from as early as stiles in jr high. The crewneck was way too oversized for him and he was basically drowning in it. Now it fits him perfectly.

"You in my sweater", Stiles said, "it looks better on you, than it does on me."

Heat rose to my cheeks. Before stiles I was never in a healthy relationship, first with Kate and then Jennifer. Stiles was the first one to complement me. The first one to care for me.

"Seriously Der, you look so hot. If we weren't in a rush I'd for sure get you into bed." Stiles winked. "Now hurry Der, we don't want to miss our reservation."

Only if you knew. How much I liked you, how much I love you. It was too early for me to say that though, I couldn't risk losing you over those three words.

Stiles grabbed my hand and dragged me out of his apartment. It was only a short walk from Stiles place to the restaurant.

~~~~

"That food was incredible I mean the-" stiles stopped talking. I watched your eyes as she walked by. "Heather."

"Oh my gosh Stiles." Derek saw a blur of blonde hair wrap itself around stiles. "It's been too long."

What a sight for sore eyes, brighter than a blue sky. Stiles stared at heather in awe. She's got you mesmerized. Stiles never looked at me that way. With so much love in his eyes. Like if he blinked she would disappear.

Stiles and heather talked for what seemed like hours, while I died internally.

Finally Stiles said good bye to Heather. He grabbed my hand a lead me back to his apartment excitedly, basically skipping. Stiles couldn't even contain his excitement.

"I wanna cuddle," Stiles pulled me onto his couch. He flipped through the tv channels until he found an the fifth Star Wars. I never understood how the fifth Star Wars was actually the second. Stiles squealed a little with joy. Then he rested his head on my lap. I instinctively started playing with his hair.

We hadn't been together very long, but it felt like forever. Stiles slowly shut his eyes

The thoughts kept swirling in my head. "Why would you ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty as heather. She would look so much better holding your hand than I ever could. She wouldn't be as damaged as me."

~~~~

"Oh Der, you're here." Stiles answered the door. "Come in come in."

"Hi, we didn't really get to meet before. I'm Heather." Heather stuck out her hand for me to shake. The only thing I noticed was the faded, slightly frayed, crewneck she was wearing. Stiles favourite old red sweater. I felt Heather's hand grab mine to shake. I didn't even notice I had stuck my hand out. "I should get going. I'll see you tomorrow night?"

"See you then H," stiles promised. "Want anything to eat?" He asked me after she left.

"You gave her your sweater." Was all I could say.