「023」 When I Was Your Man

━ WHEN I WAS YOUR MAN

-in which jeongguk sang a song in the club which was dedicated to his past lover, taehyung.

0:16 ──o───────── -3:30

⇄ ◃◃ Ⅱ ▹▹ ↻

JEON JEONGGUK'S POV

i took a deep breath, sighing loudly as i stretched my fingers before playing the piano. there's a lot of people waiting for me to start singing when i look at them.

the disappointment was clearly to be seen in their eyes as they were getting impatient about when would i start.

i closed my eyes, placing my fingers to their position for the first key that i would press. the mic was near my mouth, waiting for me to sing into it.

i started playing the piano with all my heart. the audience stopped themselves from drinking just to listen to the song as i started singing the first part.

same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now

twas like when i had to lay on the bed, something has been always missing. perhaps, we would always end up cuddling until we slept together in our warm embraces.

perhaps, it doesn't feel the same way as it did back when you're still there with me.

our song on the radio but it don't sound the same

i remember when we used to sing a song which was really special for both of us. the song gave us a nostalgic feeling that would make us smile every time hearing it.

and also, i remember how we used to hold our mic, duetting the song.

when our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down

indeed, perhaps when someone had mentioned you. i always jolt, though i remember everything that we've been through.

those happy and sad moments that we both encountered just hurt me so bad.

'cause my heart breaks a little when i hear your name

your beautiful name that's lingering on my ears, every time i hear it. your boxy shaped smile, your lovely doe eyes, and your personality is really making my heart crazy every time i'd imagine you with me.

i remember how you told me that you're not the perfect boyfriend that i could've wished for but you're wrong. perhaps, i love your perfect imperfections.

it all just sounds like oooooh...
mmm, too young, too dumb to realize

it was like there is a void in me that i wanted to fill up, however, the one's whose filling it up when i was so down to myself was gone by my side.

i'm really that stupid to let go of the most precious treasure that i saw, that i've ever found.

that i should've bought you flowers
and held your hand

back then, i recalled the time when i first saw you. my world seemed in slow-motion, more likely to stop by just taking a sweet glance of yours.

and oh, i remember this time.

❝jeongguk do you believe in courtship?❞ you asked me the first time about love.

❝no, i don't perhaps courtship was just a waste of time. if i love the person, i would tell him right away but for you, i'll make an exception. just love me now and i'll court you forever