Chapter 6

New York at last Cassie thought, after a long gruelling hours sitting in the plane with a chatterbox kid beside her. Cassie wanted to pull her hair out, instead she endured it much to her dismay. If any sane person would be in her shoes, definitely will going to snapped in annoyance, but she loves children and wish to have her own someday, better excercise more patience.

Picking up her luggage at the counter, she started walking through the exit gate. While searching her bag for her phone to call Alice, suddenly she bump into a wall or rather someone.

With out looking she cried out...ugh that hurts, nasty wall, closing her eyes for a dizzy spell , feeling slightly disoriented..

Are you blind? Said the man huffing..hmp..

Voicing her thoughts,..and the wall talks and huffs too, she tried to peek, and to her mortification its not a solid wall but a man's chest,.. her mouth agape,..

The man said, cat got your tongue? Looking at her with his piercing blue eyes.

Mortified self forgotten abruptly, clearing her hair from her face her ire rise instantly by this despicable man, who the hell this jerk think he is ....Unfazed by his stature she is ready to put him on his place.

If I'm blind , then what are you? clearly, I'm not the one who purposely bumping into someone as nasty as you! she throw a scathing remark looking at the man with a straight face . She didn't feel a bit intimidated by the towering male with his stoic persona. And if this jerk think he could easily unnerved her, then he should think twice because she wouldn't back down and cower if she thinks she's in the right path.

Crossing his arms, arching his eyebrow, not giving any hints to his thoughts, but deep inside he cannot help to admire the exquisite beauty infront of him. He was surprise once she opened her eyes, he was hypnotized by the beauty in them, it's unusual shade of violet that mesmerize him to the core. Although now it's glowering at him like he's a devil incarnate with a fire blazing in them ready to burn him in one wrong move. Her stance is defensive, he was amused that this tiny woman is not least intimidated by him, undettered by his menacing look. He admired her courage which it's obvious since she look at him like she wants to cause him bodily harm. Boldly eyeing him like he was some nuisance with her knotted forehead and irratated look.

With her continued rambling the man just stood there like a statue and his annoying smirk.

Cassie flick her finger at the man's face, hello!!!are you deaf?

The man answered, who woudn't be with your continued harping, a heartfelt apology would be nice, with arrogant smirk he taunted Cassie. He just loved to get a reaction from her, Alex seldom cross a person who could withhod their stance in facing him.

Cassie for once in her life become tongue tied, the gall of this man, but before she could think of any retort,..

The man said, as much as I would like to entertain a banter from you mademoiselle, I have a flight to catch, he goaded her before his exit, until then sweet Cassandra....

He left Cassie fuming...

With a secretive smile, he thought he will going to see her definitely when he comes back and dial his phone. He called his PI to find everything about Cassandra Burke, the woman intrigues him. He then realized he rather act impulsively, he never did something rash before. What baffles him, is his reaction towards her, it was his first time to be taken by a woman's charm. He admit she's the most beautiful woman he'd ever laid eyes on, and those unsual eyes... it entice him. Damn... he acted like a jerk towards her, what would she thinks of him, he shakes his head.

Cassie still standing in daze, wondering what the hell had just happened. And how the hell did he know her name? Upon looking her suitcase, there,..her name boldly written. Stomping and dragging her luggage with much force, she just realize that the egotistical man did a number on her. Blasted jerk affected her that much, come to think of it, she rarely reacts this insane and what prompt her to unleashed her temper in this manner is beyond her. Usually when encountering situation like this in the past she just choose to ignore it, she can't think of anything but blamed it for being exhausted in her flight.