Chapter 10

On the other side of the world, Alexander’s private jet had just landed in Paris. He is here to fix some issue regarding one of his hotel, the Hotel Amelie. This hotel is very special to him  since it bears his Mother’s namesake. It was gifted by his Father as a token of his love for his Mother. This where the place they first  meet and fell in love. Alex loves to hear his mother's re telling him of their love story. As a young boy who sees the genuine love his parents have for each other, he wished that he would experience the same thing one day. His Mother's sweet voice lingers on his mind, and it brought a pang in his heart. Everytime he comes here, he always felt nostalgic, his memory swept him in the past of how happy they were. It's bittersweet, even in their death they’re still together, this gives Alexander a little sense of ease knowing the circumstances surrounding their deaths. It's a stark remembrance that he had to avenge their death and bring justice to the people who caused him so much pain. Relentless drive to extract revenge piercing on his mind as he wanted them to experienced the same pain he suffered.

Arriving at the hotel, the  manager greeted him,.

" Bonjour!! Monsieur Blackhurst", the penthouse is ready, I will assign a staff to assist your needs.

Alex just nodded and went ahead taking his private elevator to the penthouse. He arrive in his room and surveyed his surroundings feeling satisfied that it is well maintained and quite happy that his employees didn't slack off from their duties.  He decided to take a bath to relieve the stress from his body due to long hours of travelling. Alex felt refreshed  after taking a bath and he is ready for bed, tomorrow is a busy day for him. Closing his eyes, the image of the woman he bumped at the airport in New York flashed his mind. It’s hard to forget her face, it’s cemented already in his subconcious and it vexed him to no end. Annoyed by this realization, for the first time he’s been enamored of a woman’s beauty  only at first glance. A woman who captured his interest without even trying, he was bedazzled and he wanted her like no other. He tried not smile remembering the incident, what a fiesty little creature and those bewitching eyes that held him in trance.

Cassandra, an apt name for a goddess like her,  the name suited her perfectly. He knows it's ungetlemanly of him to teased her, but he cannot help himself.  The minute she opened those mesmerizing eyes feels like  he was enraptured and sucked to the core. Inadvertently shaking his head like he cannot believe he become a sappy fool in a mere meeting. He tried to be flippant with her earlier, all the thoughts flown by instead he become an asshole to her disguising the show of interest by  acting  standoffish.

Mentally admonishing himself for being so arrogant to Cassandra, but seeing the disbelief  look on her face, it's worth to think that he completely disgruntled her and he affected her so.

Minutes later, he fell into a deep slumber with a lingering smile dreaming of the enchantress with violet eyes.