Chapter 47

Howard's Mansion....

The sound of the screeching tires infront of the driveway disturbs George Howard lunch, he was pissed that one of his children dares to disrupt his peace. He walk out from the dining room and ready to give a piece of his anger when a panting Katherine surprise him of her appearance . What's wrong with you, are you on drugs again? Look at your self you're a mess. You have nothing to give in this family but shame, you and your brother are both useless just like your bitch of a Mother.

Dad please help me, I killed someone and I don't know what to do.

What? Are you out of your mind? You better not leave any evidence that would linked back to you or I will be the one to haul your ass in prison. I will not let you drag the Howard's name in the mud even if I have to make you a sacrifice . You don't know how much I dirtied my hands just to preserved the Howard's prestige and legacy to this day.

Katherine cannot believe her Father could be this heartless even to sacrifice his own children. All her life she looked up for her Father's approval, she did everything he wanted just to earn his love. She realize now that it would never happened. You're on this too Father, remember you wanted to take revenge on Alexander, I just take the opportunity to do it when opportunity arise. I run over his girlfriend with my car earlier and I'm sure she's dead right now.

You bitch...you did what? And you used your own car to commit a crime that surely noticeable from any witnesses? Did you know that because of your own stupidity and impulsiveness you invite a disaster in our door? When I said we have to take our revenge it means we have to planned it carefully and then execute perfectly without any mistakes that could lead our ruination. Alexander is not an ordinary man to make an enemy, not like his parents whose demise is a well executed plan in my part. See? I never got caught because I calculated everything, not like you my dear daughter who blatantly disobeyed me and made plans without my consent. And look what happened to you now, you look like a scared little girl who came running for my help. Did I teach you better not to be weak?

She looked at her Father's emotionless face, he just told her that he killed Alex parents without any ounce of remorse like committing a crime is all natural to him. Her Father reveals his true self, an evil man and he's willing to sacrifice even his children for his own gain.

What I'm going to do? I don't want to go in prison, you have to help Father, I did it for you.

George laughed at his daughter's statement, you did it for me huh? No Katherine, you did it for yourself and your own jealousy. You cannot deny the fact that Alexander's girlfriend is more beautiful and much younger than you, and to top of it all a Cornell. Who would have thought that a girl from Texas is actually an heiress of a vast fortune.

How did you know all this? you didn't even went to the gala.

Knowledge is power daughter, you have to know who your enemies are, find their weaknesses and from there you have the advantage. You have to paved your way through people, even befriend them who are useful in your devious plan. Don't worry daughter, I will help you this time, now hand me the key of your car.

Katherine felt relieved, she thought that her Father would really abandon her. She really is her Father's daughter, when she thinks of what happened earlier when she run her car over that woman, she didn't feel any regrets, just worried that the police would find evidence and arrest her. She can't imagine life in prison, she who is a famous model and lived a life of luxury since she was a child would never allow that, she will not going to rot in jail, she wouldn't survive. Her Father would not allow that to happen, despite what he says earlier, he's still willing to help her, this gives her a relief.

Don't rejoice yet Katherine, being complacent will lead you to your own downfall . We have so many things to do, starting in ditching your car . We need an scapegoat if it comes when your name will be linked in the accident. I have friends in high places even in police department who owe me their loyalty. I've done it before, now it's time to collect what's have been due. Now go and make yourself presentable, were going to have an important visitor. He then called Harris, the director of New York police department.