Chapter 29

Alexander in his inebriated state, decided to call Cassie. He had this sudden urge to hear her voice. He wonders what's she's doing right now. Looking at his Patek Philippe watch it's already 12 midnight, maybe she's sleeping already.

He's arguing with himself whether it's alright to disturb her. But his selfish side won,.so he continued dialing her number.

Cassie had just finished watching Netflix and is ready for bed. Being alone in huge condo with nothing to do , so she decided to binge watching of her favorite shows.

But before she could switch off the lights in the living room, her phone rings. She wonders who might be the caller , it's already midnight.

Seeing it's from an unknown number, she is hesitant to answer it, at the same time getting curious as who was calling her this late.

The incessant ring didn't stop so she finally answer it. On the other line, she heard some music in the background.

Cassandra Mon Amour...talk to me I want to hear your voice.

Cassie didn't recognise the voice, it's slurring like some drunk.

Hello, who is this, and where did you get my number? You know how late it is? Mr. whoever you are...you're disturbing me.

You hurt my feelings Cassandra... Mon Amour.

With much clearer voice, Cassie finally recognise Alexander's voice. Heart thumping furiously she finally said his name, Alexander...

Ah, Mon Amour...finally, I hear you say my name.

Why are you calling me, and how did you get my number? I didn't remember giving it to someone, least of all, you..

You understimated my capabilities Cassandra, when I want something I would get it.

Are you saying you have me investigated? That's invasion of privacy, and it's downright stalking and a despicable thing to do Alexander.

Of course not, Mon Amour, I just obtained it from Alice. She gave it to me willingly, I didn't bribed her and I wouldn't do that to you.

If you want my number then, why you didn't just ask it for me? not that I'm going to gave it to you.

See... what I mean? Now that you admitted it, so you can't fault me for choosing another method just to get your number.

I don't want to argue with you anymore so I'm going to hang up now.

You're just going to leave me here with my lonely existence, don't you feel any compassion for me Mon Amour?

What if something bad happened to me here, can your conscience carry the burden of not saving me?

Stop being so dramatic Alex, you're just drunk. I wished I could record it though to remind your of your drunken stupor.

I will drive myself then, If I meet into an accident I won't even blame you Mon Amour.

Are you guilt tripping me Alexander? I can't believe you would do that and stoop this low.

Why don't you call your bestfriend Kevin, your driver or body guard, even a taxi, why must you pressure me? said Cassie with exasperation.

To answer you Mon Amour, first I don't want to see my bestfriend right now, and it's your fault. Second, I ditched my driver and body guard and third, no taxi for me. I'm a billionaire, if the driver will recognized me, what if his going to kidnap me?

Talking to Alexander in his drunken state is like talking to an annoying kid.

And what do you mean it's my fault you're not in good terms with Kevin, how did I come to this?

Because I'm jealous, Alex said bluntly.

What...? Cassie is stammering...how can you be jealous when I'm nothing to you.

Don't be dense Cassandra, do I have to spill it on you?

Did you just called me stupid? You arrogant conceited jerk...

Of course not, what I mean is, I'm jealous because I like you, how come you didn't realized it ? I've been calling you my Mon Amour.

I'm insanely jealous when my besfriend send me your pictures on your date, you look happy and so beautiful. I wished I was the one who could make you smile like that.

Cassie didn't know if she would believe Alexander's confession, she felt happy and giddy, but at the same time a little doubt crept on her mind. What if when Alexander become sober and didn't remember everything he said.

Hello.. Mon Amour are you there? I'm not sorry in confessing my feelings to you. Maybe you have doubt and won't believe me, but have you heard the saying "a drunk man's words, is a sober man's thoughts."

Oh my God Alexander you're too drunk. Besides, there's nothing to be jealous of your bestfriend were not dating. It just so happened that where in the same restaurant where Alice and I are having lunch.

Why do I have to explained this to you, what I do and whom I'm going be with is none of  your business.

Of course it is... you're mine Cassandra and what is mine I don't share.

Hearing Alex declaration her whole body shivered, she didn't feel any apprehension when Alexander staking claim on her, instead she is in jubilation because that way too she felt possesive towards Alexander. She hopes that what she feels right now, is not just a temporary dose of happiness.