Chapter 17

"What got you upset this fine morning?

   Watching those trashy tabloid reports, I don’t believe it, knowing Katherine the bitch might staged those scene. I know her, Oh! how I hate that woman!!.  She guested an interview in our magazine, it was my misfortune  that I was the one assigned to conduct the interview.  She made it dificult for me, she re- scheduled it  many times and then when it happened, she had so many demands. My poor crew is so tired running errands for her, acting high and mighty and look down on us like some dirt beneath her shoes.  For all I know, she just  craves attention. I don’t believe Alex would  succumb to her  charms, from what I heard from aunt Mary, their families are enemies since then.

   Cassie just listen to Alice lenghty tirade, she seldom saw her this upset towards something or someone as incosequential matter. Maybe, that woman did really something to her bestfriend. It shows in her rantings about what happened in the past that really get on her nerves. She was intrigue by this Katherine who is the source of Alicia's diatribe.

 You know there are men that can be easily lured by a woman’s beauty. It’s not possible that this Alexander is willing also to be seduced by her. As you said,  she’s very  beautiful and a famous model, would it be good for him to be seen together ? Those two are consenting adults, to be enamored with each other and be caught in public with such intimate act that would not be a surprise.

   Not to a woman who is vain and frivolous like her, who feels like she's entitled to anything.

   You sound like a jealous girlfriend, don’t forget you have Ethan already.

   With a ridiculous face, Alice just  refuted the insinuation. You tend to missunderstood my point here, even though I don’t know Alex personally, from what I learned from Aunt Mary he is a good person, they valued him like a son. And for your information, I’d rather like him to be with someone like you, and you make a  very  good- looking couple. I'm sure when he sees you, he wouldn't be able to resist your charm. Compared to that bitch, you are far more beautiful than her.

  Cassie could not believe what had just Alice said, you know my aversion to rich people.  Besides, from what I heard, he is not into a serious relationship, he discarded women easily.

  Don’t be prejudice because he is wealthy, wait until you meet him. He is kind and generous to my  aunt and uncle, and they wouldn't praised him if he's not. No employer would give a million worth of apartment to them if he didn't consider them as family. I just didn't say it because I benefitted also from his generousity. Not all rich people is like your Grandmother Cass.

  This statement from Alice made her upset, the mention of her Grandmother leaves a sore spot in Cassie’s heart . As much as possible, she didn’t want to be associated to that witch, it left a sour taste in her mouth.

I’m sorry Cass, I didn’t  meant to upset you, it is wrong of me to mention her, pacified Alice..

Let’s forget about it, how about we go the spa as you promised, we both need some pampering.