Chapter 38

Cassandra, what are you doing here? I am surprised, are you here by any chance to bring the documents I asked of Alicia? where’s that girl anyway. And why are you walking with one shoe?

It’s a long story aunt Mary, I’m just unlucky to bumped into some jerk, he kept my shoe when  I throw it at him because he didn’t apologize, insufferable man. She doesn’t want to let her know that it was Alexander and she knows him.

Alicia is busy right now she omitted ..she asked me to bring these to you instead. I heard from uncle Ben that your soon to retire, is that true? Well I guess your going to enjoy each other in your holiday cruise that he told me earlier.

That’s what I’ve been looking forward to, and it’s nice of Alexander to gave that present. It’s just he’s not here, oh..how I would like for the two of you to meet. With your beauty I’m sure Alex would be enamored if  he see you, you two are perfect.

I don’t know about that, as I’ve heard he is a devil, a cold hearted  man. Fishing for information Cassandra? she ask herself silently..

Please disregard that notion, once you get to know him then you will know he is a good man. He maybe ruthless, but only in his business and enemies. He had to, for him to be able to protect himself after what happened.

Now Cassie become curious of what aunt Mary is talking. She doesn’t want to intrude into Alex life, she just have to wait for him to opened up for her.

Uhm, aunt Mary do you happen to own an extra pair of shoes ? I need to go somewhere , a store maybe to buy a new one.

That shoe looked expensive Cass, well whoever  that man is, you’re right, it’s ungentlemanly of him not to return your shoe. I swear if Alexander come to know about this, he surely won’t tolerate this matter.

If only you knew aunt Mary, that Alexander is the culprit. She didn’t voiced her thoughts though.

You’re lucky I have an extra pair here incase of any mishap , you’ll never know, like what happened to you today. But I would never throw a good pair of shoes  anyway, giving Cassie a gentle smile. She knows of Cassandra's temper, who would have if you grew up into a male dominated household.

Here, but were not of the same size, I worry that your feet will be pinch, you’ll gonna have some blister later if you walk for long.

Don’t worry, I saw some store not far from here. I’m going to browse there, see if can find comfortable shoes in there.

Well, I think I’m going to head now, see you later aunt Mary, and thank you for these.

No, I must  be the one to put a blame on losing your shoe, if I’m not forgetful you wouldn’t have to come here.

Don’t think about it, I’m glad I could help.

Thank you Cass, I just wish Alexander is here so you could meet, maybe some other time?

Cassie spent already two hours in aunt Mary’s company. She  cannot wait for Alex to get back, it would be awkward if she comes to know they already meet. She didn't know how much long she will going to wait, he rushed  into without giving her any explanation.

Alex is now in Detective Martin’s office, only the two of them is here due to a confidential matter their going to discuss. They both know that there are insider who knows of their investigation, and they wanted to keep it between the two of them since the beginning.

Alex know he can trust the Detective that’s why he hired him in the first place. He never thought that they would discover some high ranking policemen involved in tampering the evidence of his parents murder and just ruled it as an accident.

They didn’t find proof of any foul play before because someone had paid a lot of money to silence those investigators involved. They already gathered up some names, others were retired , and some still active in the service. It’s a sensitive information, that’s why only few people knows about it, they don’t want to alert those criminals, especially the mastermind. All evidence pointed right back at the murderer who Alex suspected all along.

Detective Martin handed Alex the folder which  contains all the evidence they gathered so far, it’s much better if you keep this, more safer than in my keep. We  only have few more diggings and then were ready to take our final move.

Thank you Detective, I wouldn’t have succeeded in seeking justice for my parents, if it’s not for your tireless efforts. I owe you a lot, and I would never forget this debt. I’ve been waiting for this in 15 years, and finally I can have peace and give my parents the justice they deserved.

You don’t owe me anything  Alexander, it’s my job to seek justice and give punishments to those who get away with crimes because they have influenced to cover up their misdeeds. And you pays me well, he states with a cheeky laugh. Kidding aside, your parents deserves justice, they are a good people whom I have the privileged to meet.

The two shakes hands, the conclude their meeting with much success which  Alex is happy about. He had a spring on his steps, he felt a relief  that he could finally breath in this prolong agony.

Leaving in the Detective office his bodyguards noticed a car tailing them, they seen that car since the drive from the precinct.

What do you think of that car Boss, are we going to give them a chase?

Let them, as long as it won’t do anything  we can give them some reprieve for now.,

Alex is not alarmed, he already expected that his enemies would learned about his visit in the precinct. He wouldn’t let them escape from his wrath, now that he put the names and faces of his enemies.

*****
A series of phone calls disturbs George Howard's  meeting. He was in the middle of a very important negotiation when his friend the deputy commissionaire in New York police disrupted him.  He was red in the face when one of the investors started  to walk out and then followed by the others.

And where are you going? Our deal is not done yet..

Forget the deal, we don’t want to waste our money in a sinking company, there are more worthy investments to put our money through, like the Blackhurst.

How dare you throw that right into my face, did you know who are you dealing with?

We know already that’s why we don’t want to waste our time.

Get out all of you, you’ll gonna regret your decision, mark my words.

He still spitting in rage when he pick another call from the commissionaire.

What do you want? did you know I lost an important deal because of you incessant calls? He had to put the blame on someone.

I wouldn’t have called, if  it wasn’t an emergency.

Mind your tone Harris, remember who put you in that position that you enjoyed so much now without working your way on it.

There’s a pause in the other line, I called you just to inform and so that you can be aware of Alexander’s move. I told you before he opened up another investigation, and his lead detective cannot be bribed. One more thing, he's really good at what he does that he uncovers the evidence that I thought already gone.

Are you telling  me that now? that there’s still some evidence that would linked my name in the Blackhurst case? What did I paid you for?

I’d wasted so much money for an imbecile  like you. You better fix this, or you can kissed your career goodbye and your ambition of what, running for a City Mayor? he taunted.

George Howard is consumed with anger and hatred towards the remaining Blackhurst heir. He just thought to leave Alexander alone before, but that matter is out in the open now, he would strike first, he wouldn’t  let himself to be defeated  by another Blackhurst again.