Chapter 41

Cassie wakes up a little exuberant this morning. She is going to meet Alicia at dinner later, she's excited to share what's been happening to her lately.

Her first day of work yesterday is uneventful except the heated tryst in Alex office. When she remembers of what they did, she cannot help but blush. God, that man is a walking temptation. She didn't know when to capitulate and let herself lose in the immense pleasure that only Alexander can give .

Shaking her head vigorously to divert those amorous thoughts, it's better take a  cold shower to quell the sudden heat on her body.

After she's done with her morning ablution, she headed to the kitchen to make some breakfast. She cook a generous amount knowing Alex has huge appetite, wondering were those calories went. Maybe he worked out, having felt those muscles when he carried her twice, and his six pack  it's a drool worthy a lot of men would envy.

Her thoughts is disrupted by the buzzing sound of the doorbell , "speaking of the devil" she open it and let him in. Alex is already in his Armani suit , he looks dapper and immaculate as always. He is clean shaven today which emphasized a well defined jaw, and having a cleft chin is added to his perfect looks.

"Good morning Mon Amour, he give her a searing kiss.

Uhm...Good morning Alex, with a panting breath she give him a quick peck and hurriedly said breakfast is ready. I just go for a quick change, and she dash into her room like someone is chasing her. Chastising herself, she know if she stayed longer, it's going to be difficult to untangle herself in Alex seduction.

Alex smirking at Cassie's reaction, she always in panic after their spontaneous make out.

When they were inside the car Cassie informed Alex of today's schedule, it's going to be a busy day for both of them.

Mary is already there when they arrive and handed Alex an envelop.

Alex notice it's the invitation for the annual charity gala which held every year for a good cause, and he, as a primary sponsor need to attend as per custom when his parents still alive.

This year it's going to be held at the grand ballroom in Manhattan Center this coming Saturday, and three days from now.

Cassie is getting curious of what the envelop is all about looking at Alex pleasing reaction.

He handed her the invitation, she's bewildered. She just heard of it,that all New York finest would gather for this annual gala and everybody wish to have been invited. But getting an invitation is hard, only the selected member of the elite society is going to attend that's why it's coveted.

"So what do you think Mon Amour? are you going with me? because I really need you to. I'm excited to have you as my date. Before, I find it tedious to attend but have no choice because  it's always been the Blackhurst who is the biggest contributor since it was started. But now that I have you as my girlfriend, I cannot wait to show you around how lucky I am to finally captured the most beautifuI woman. I am fortunate to have you by my side, and I never brought a date before.

Alex looking at Cassie's earnest face cannot help but feel a little anxious of her answer, worried that he has put so much pressure on her.

"Suddenly a beaming face of Cassie wiped all the doubt, that he had done some incomprehensible move.

"When you phrase it that way then, I would be glad to be your first date in the gala. But I'm worried though I don't have enough time to prepare. Maybe I could ask Alice later to do some shopping for a dress.

"That's already been covered Mon Amour". You don't need to exhaust yourself browsing the city for dresses when I can ask my stylist to bring some of their finest designs and you can choose anything you like. All you have to do is relax and don't overthink, it's going to be fine.