Chapter 33

After they settled their first disagreement, they continued their plan for the day, .. their much awaited first date.

Alex called Mary to cancel all his appointments, he didn't disclose the reason and he knows Mary is getting curious as to why. He never done this before,..for him, work always comes first, but now that Cassandra is in his life he had to balance his priorities, both are important to him and he never wanted to give up the other.

Alex is wearing a beanie and black jeans paired with Ray- Ban sunglasses and sneakers. He wanted to look inconspicuous and blend with ordinary people so he can enjoy the day with Cassandra with out any interruption and worries that paparazzi would snap their pictures.

Cassie seeing Alex in casual attire cannot seem to take her eyes on her boyfriend. Yes, she is proud to say that she is lucky to have captured this beyond gorgeous male specimen. When he wears his Armani suit he is like walking God ready to command his subjects to do his bidding . His aura is so powerful and his commanding presence requires absolute attention. No wonder he is successful and well respected businessman but ruthless to his enemies.

Seeing Cassandra's reaction to his casual attire , Alex is feeling proud of himself. He is not a vain person but for Cassie, he wanted to look good for her.

You can take my picture if you want, so you can look at it everytime you miss me.

Cassandra's face turned scarlet getting caught ogling him. Gosh..she pinched her arm, she must have look like a pervert , how shameful, berating herself. Squaring her shoulder for composure , she tried to act nonchalant and walked ahead.

Alex heard Cassie castigating herself, he cannot help himself but smile. He knows by now of her habit, talking to herself that sometimes she's not even aware of blurting her thoughts. He love seeing her getting flustered, this beautiful woman who was not even aware of her own charisma and her effect on him. She is oblivious of her own power that she can bring any man to their knees with her captivating smile and bewitching eyes.

Alex tried to catch up with Cassie walking ahead of him due to her earlier embarrassment.

Are you trying to ditched your boyfriend on your first date?

Halting on her tracks suddenly, and looking back at Alex who has a silly smile on his face..

Are you in the habit on trying to persuade me?, quip Cassie.

Without losing his smile, he whispered into her ear saying, of course, persuading you Mon Amour is my mission in life.

Stepping ahead of Cassie with a hearty laugh while she remained standing stupefied.

You jerk, get back here Alexander Blackhurst...while stomping.

Alex waited for her in just a few steps, he reached for her hand and tugging her as they continued to navigate their way to the city.

So, where do you like to go first?

I've been to Central Park with Alice already , how about the statue of Liberty I want to ride in the ferry, can we go there please?

As you wish Mon Amour, but in truth I've never been there myself so this will be both our first time.

Are you kidding me? You lived here all your life and you haven't tried to go on those places? How much fun do you missed on your life...

I don't have the luxury of relaxing like ordinary people Mon Amour. I've been groomed to inherit a business empire at young age. Although I've been to a lot of places all over the world, it's all been for business .

Then I'll make sure were going to have a lot of fun today, were going to create a happy memories to look back.

Cassie didn't even know how much her words stirred Alex heart, because he hopes the same as well...

They took the subway, it's easier and faster way to reach their destination.They wanted to experience like any regular people. Although this is Alex first time to commute, he is having so much fun. Holding hands with Cassie and hugging her to avoid being squashed by people rushing to, he didn't have any excuse not to hold hold her and be protective.

Cassie loved the gesture Alex made, she felt protected and safe.

It didn't take long for them reached the New York harbor and bought tickets for the ferry that take them to liberty Island. Seeing the map given to them in the ticket booth, the trip would last 60 minutes.

Cassie cannot contain her happiness, she is so excited like a kid on her first birthday.

Watching her happy is all Alex wanted to see everyday, he felt contented just seeing her this way.

Are you enjoying yourself Mon Amour?

Oh.. Alex this day is perfect, this is my first time riding a ferry. Look!, from here you can see the city and you would be able to see the statue as well, I cannot wait to get off and walk the grounds of the statue. Sadly we cannot go inside the statue, not like the Eiffel Tower, I wished I could go there someday too.

Don't worry Mon Amour , I would bring you there one day. We can stay at my hotel, it's near in the Eiffel Tower , you would definitely love the view especially at night.

Cassie don't know what to say, she's overwhelmed hearing Alex promise.

One day at a time Alexander, let's just enjoy ourselves today.

Getting off the ferry, the enjoyed the ocean breeze, the weather is warm today.

Walking hand in hand in the grounds of the statue , she cannot helped but exclaimed,

Wow!!, were finally here,.I can't believed it, this is reality, I'd only seen it on tv and postcards but now I can even take a picture of it.

Using his phone Alex discreetly taking pictures of Cassie while she's not looking. She looked perfect in different angle, staring it lovingly.

Stop taking my pictures you perv, she said it with amusement.

How about we can ask someone to take our pictures, I don't like selfies. I cannot hold you properly if my other arm is holding my phone.

Oh , that so sweet of you Alex, stop making any excuses, you can hold me anytime you know...

You really made my day Mon Amour, reaching her and giving her a sweet peck on the lips.

Even though it's just lasted on a second, Cassie cannot help but blushed, there are people watching their sweet moments.

Cassie didn't expect Alexander to show some PDA. To the outside world people view him as a cold person, he was known for his domineering and ruthless persona but deep inside she knows that Alex is a man to be admired and worthy of her love and trust. Aunt Mary has a high regard of Alex, but few people had the privelege to know the real Alexander, that he is kind and a generous man.