Chapter 28

At the Howard's mansion...

George Howard is fuming when he reached his home. Coming from the Blackhurst office, he's almost choked up and boiling with rage.

Arrogant bastard,...he's just like his father. Who the hell he think he is, insulting him like he's not worthy of their regards and swatted him like a spec of dirt.

Seeing his children having dinner made him explode in anger.

Katherine noticing her Dad coming in the dining room asked him how's his visit to Alex office.

You bitch you lied to me..,, you dared to say to me that you and that bastard Alexander had relationship. You even boasted that he will be my future son-inlaw. You know how stupid that made me look in front of that bastard?

Well hear this, he denied it straight to my face. And you know what else he told me, my daughter is whore who slept her way to the top.

Taunting his daughter with his hurtful words.

Alex would never say that, I'm his girlfriend.

You're delusional and useless, I told you to seduced him, but your beauty is not enough to lure Alexander.

Hearing her father's angry voice Katherine flinched. He looked so scary everytime he got angry at something or someone. When she was a kid, she used to hide and cower when her father is drunk. Although he didn't inflict any physical damage but the verbal and emotional is much more wounding.

All she wanted is her father to be proud of her, his approval is all Katherine wanted. That is why she wanted to helped her father to trapped Alexander.

Turning his attention to hi son who is silently listening to his tirade, pointing his finger to James..

You..,you good for nothing son of a bitch, you're such a wastrel, did you know what Alexander told me? That I had such an imbecile son, who will bring my empire into ruination. Your negligence and stupidity would cause our downfall.

Look what what have you done, you let that bastard acquired the Howard Industies, don't you know how shameful it is that your business rival is the proud owner of what has been in our family for generation...

Give me a chance father to proved to you that I can beat Alexander on his own game. Surely his not that indestructible, everbody has weakness.

You have nothing to proved to me anymore James, you're already a disappointment and embarassment to Howard's name.

Leave it to me..I've done it before, now I had to finish the last generation of Blackhurst to joined his parents.

******

After what happened at the office earlier, Alex is a little stressed out, so he decided to head in the club to have a drink. Normally he would call Kevin , but his not in the mood for his company, he didn't want to hear any conversation regarding his date with Cassandra earlier.

He didn't have any particular club in mind, he just kept on driving around the city, he ditched his driver/ body guard to be alone.

His nearing the nightlife district, he noticed one particular club the "Elite", there's a throng of people waiting outside. He heard of this club from Kevin, it just opened recently.

So this is the club where Cassandra meet Kevin that night. It is owned by Ethan's friend Andrew Carmichael, he didn't know the guy personally but his family is a well- known figure in the city.

He didn't want to go to any obscure club, it's not safe for him, in his business during the years he accumulated a lot of enemies. Although he knows how to defend himself and a good fighter because he is trained at the young age from the best martial arts master in the world , he had to be very careful. It's better to be safe than sorry, he had to be extra cautious specially now he know George Howard would retaliate, he's a coward and a traitor, he would surely shoot someone at the back.

He parked his Aston Martin at the back entrance, he didn't want any mob of people to notice him. His status as a billionare would attract any media person and he doesn't want to be pictured with those paparazzi being in the club drinking alone.

There's a bouncer posted in the door, he just showed his elite membership card. Seeing his name printed on it he is treated as VIP. By having this, you can access to get inside easily and hassle free. He is ushered to the VIP section. To reach there , you have to passed the bar area and the dance floor.

Women seeing Alexander in this club cause a buzz of excitement, everyone is whispering. Everywoman aspire to catch the most eligible bachelor in the world.

Scanning the area...this club is sure cater only with the rich and famous, judging from their designer clothes and jewelries. Women casting him flirty gazes but he ignored all of them. He continued to traversed till he reached his designated room.

Andrew observe the ruckus below from the one- way mirror from his office and ask his club manager what's the buzz all about.

He thought there's a celebrity downstair, but for his regular customers seeing celebrities is a normal occurence to them. They don't make any fuss, who it is then? His curiousity is answerd when the club manager told him the name of that person.

Now Andrew understood, Alexander Blackhurst is much bigger name than any celebrities out there. He wondered why he came alone, usually he is with his bestfriend Kevin Mathews everytime they went to any of his club.

Make sure to post a guard on his room, you know these crazy women would do to gain Alexander's attention, and give him the best drink in the house.

Alex is assisted by the manager of the club, he poured him a drink and told him to buzz the intercom if he need something. The manager told him also that the owner posted a guard on his door to avoid being stalked from crazy women. This statement make Alexander laugh, that's what he like of any Andrew's club, there's a privacy.

He started to drink his Macallan whisky, one of the most expensive whiskey in the world. It has this intensely rich aroma and delicious taste coming from the drying oak tannin from the sherry cask.

The whole bottle is almost empty, and Alex felt a little drunk. He seldom let himself indulge in alcohol, only in a handful occasion, but the events today make a toll on him.

He wanted to forget the memories of his parents death, but the awful truth cannot changed the fact that their death caused a huge impact on his life. Today that bastard Howard reminded him of what he lost. After so many years the hurt is still there, their death anniversary is nextweek. It's so agonizing for him to remember those dark days.

People thought he already forgot and moved on, but the sad truth he cannot as his nightmares continues. He will give his parents justice, that's his promise to himself, until then, he will be at peace.