Chapter 30

" Cassie cannot believe she let Alexander talking his sweet way and convinced her to come and pick him up. No, ..not convince.. blackmailing her rather,.. that he's going to tell Alice what really happened that night.

She really wanted to tell him go ahead , that he was just bluffing , but the blasted jerk had just remind her of her situation of what Alice might feel when she lied right through her bestfriends face.

And now here she is,..arguing the hulking figure standing guard in the club entrance . Who wouldn't let her enter because she didn't wear the imposed dress code.

" What the hell"...the other night she didn't saw any particular dress code. Andrew didn't even broached it. She remembers, there are women who is wearing jumpsuits and even pants, regardless it's a well- known designer outfit.

" When she tries her way again..."

Miss,..as I've said, you're not allowed to enter here, you're not wearing a proper dress.

What you mean is , I'm not dressed fancy enough., rolling her eyes.

It's true, in her haste she just grab the first clothes she can reach. She is wearing a knitted sweater paired with skinny jeans and wear boots.

I'm just here to pick up a friend, he's inside and maybe too drunk to move and come outside.

Then you just have just to call him, suggested the guy.

Damn you Alexander I could throttle you, Cassie thought..

I'm sorry miss, rules are rules..

How about you call Andrew and tell him Cassie is here, I'm sure he won't hesitate to let me in.

She didn't want to let Ethan friends know she was here, because if they do .. then Alice would know also, and that complicate things which she tries to avoid. But she had no choice but to pulled that string.

The jerk is not answering his phone, is he too drunk or fell asleep.? Damn him...

The guard is doubtful of Cassie knowing Andrew, there are women who tried to do the same tricks just to get inside.

If you know him, why won't you give him a call then?

Maybe because I don't have his number? Cassie answered sarcastically.

Look, I know this is your job, and I admired you for it that you adhere the rules. But can you atleast try informing Andrew.?

What if I said is true, that I know him and when he comes to know that I was treated poorly, maybe you could lose your job. Are you going to jeopardize your position ?

There's no harm in trying you know...Cassie said unceremoniously, her temper flares already waiting to explode.

In her desperation and lacked of sleep, she could not believe she's playing this dirty tricks. It's that jerk Alexander's fault, she resort into this..

The guard man who listened her impassioned attempt for getting her way in, decided to give her the benefit of the doubt, and making the call.

Looking at the guy's ashen reaction , she cannot help but feel a bit of pity on him.

Cassie,... oh my God,, I can't believe it's really you in here. Why? How? What are you doing here this late night?

Entering the club with Andrew, Cassie cannot help but returned the look of the guardman, she didn't want to feel smug but the expression on her face could only interpret as it says "I told you so"...

"You didn't answered my questions earlier Cass.,,"

" I'm here to pick up a friend..

"Mmm, and who might be that friend of yours..