Chapter 31

Despite not having enough sleep because of the events last night, Cassie wakes up early.

Having taken her shower inside Alice bathroom, she then went to the kitchen and decided to make some breakfast.

She didn't know how to face Alexander this morning, she's being apprehensive how to broached the impending issue or if he remembers anything he confessed to her.

Hearing nothing moving inside her bedroom, she thought Alex is still sleeping. She slowly opened the door and  tried to peek on top of the bed to see if he still there.

She tiptoed her way towards her bed.
Suddenly, the sound of the door opening from her bathroom made her startled and caused her balance that she landed her bottom in the carpeted floor.

Alexander seeing Cassie's predicament cannot help but laugh heartily.

Being caught right handed made Cassie in red faced embarrassment.

Alex extended his arm to help Cassie up, but seeing he is clad only in towel that covered his lower half, she shrieked and closed her eyes.

For God sake Alexander put some clothes on.

Why? Does it bother you to see me in my full glory? You can look all you want and have your fill , I wouldn't mind.

You're so full of yourself, I've seen far better you know,.

Then why are you averting your eyes? Worried that I might corrupt your delicate sensebilities?

Alex cannot help but to continued teasing Cassandra, he know the tell tale red that crept her face is the sign of embarrassment.

Although she tried to hide it with her little show of bravado, he knows she's still innocent judging her reaction.

He wanted to saved Cassie from her feigned confidence, so he lightened up the conversation.

I don't want to wear my clothes last night, I'm not in the habit of repeating dirty clothes with out being laundered it first.

I have an OCD, he didn'want to let Cassie know but decided to be honest with her. He developed it when his parents died in a tragic accident.

Upon hearing it, Cassie noticed that Alexander is not as perfect as it seems. So, he has weakness too, but she admired him for admitting it to her. She knows a man of his calibre would never shown any weakness to anybody. He perfected the facade of being a dominant Alpha in business and society.

She walk in her closet and picked an oversized shirt and a tracksuit pants , then handed it to Alex.

Here,.. you can wear this while I'm going to put your clothes in the dryer.

Alex didn't even try to reach it.

With a questioning look, Cassie asked, what's wrong now ?

I would rather prefer being naked than wear those clothes of your boyfriend.

Cassie give him an incredulous look, but sensing Alex jealousy she felt an immense satisfaction, that she can manage to spark this kind of reaction from him.

Don't be ridiculous,..just accept it or you better go back to your penthouse butt naked and risked being seen by your old and conservative neighbors.

Oh wait,..I forgot you don't have your key that's why you slept here. It slipped my mind, murmuring Cassie.

See,.. I've told you I addled your brain, I already ingrained and deep rooted in your mind and maybe in your heart as well.

Alex felt like a cad, if she only knew that his penthouse doesn't need a key because it's voice activated. He just wanted to spend more time with her, forgetting that was not a trait of a true gentleman. If she comes to know this, damn...I'm digging my own hole, but it's too late for being remorseful.