Chapter 32

After their breakfast , the two decided to spend the day together as the beginning of their relationship. Alex suggested that they should go on a date, and Cassie agreed .

So, where do you like us to go,? I know your new in the city, and your not familiar with the landmarks yet, how about I'll show you around.

I think that's a good idea, I have so many places that I wanted to visit. Alice promised me that she will give me a tour, but she ditched me when Ethan arrived. I didn't blamed her though, she missed him so much when he went for business trip.

Okay it's settled then, I will be your tour guide today Mon Amour. But first, I should go to my penthouse to get changed of my clothes.

Alex forgot himself that he had slipped, and it's already too late to take back his words regarding the information he tried to hide from Cassie last night.

You just said that you forgot your key in your office? Then why,...

Alexander you jerk! how dare you lied to me about not having the key in your penthouse when infact you don't need one?

Are you making fun of me? Maybe your laughing behind my back of how gullible I am. Do you know how I suffered the indignities of waiting for an hour at the club entrance? The guard won't let me in because I didn't dress fancy enough. If I didn't succeed in persuading him to call Andrew, don't you know what might have happened?

Alexander didn't know the enormity of his stupidity, that might caused Cassie harm. He tried to lecture her of the danger of being outside in late night, infact he did the same for her. The absurdity of his words is like a slapped on his face. How can he be so careless in his actions, that he only see his own selfish motive. He cannot justify his mistake, he needs to grovel to earn her forgiveness.

I cannot defend myself if your angry and disappointed in me Mon Amour. Even I won't be able to forgive myself if something happened to you because of my inflated ego.

All I can say is please forgive me, it is not my intention to lied to you. You don't know how much I loathed myself right now to think that I almost caused you harm.

You can berate me all you want , because of my selfishness to be with you, I did the most despicable thing I shouldn't have in the first place. Maybe I should warn Andrew of his employees treating customers like that.

That's beside the point, what I'm angry here, is you lying to me after the things I've done for you. On the other hand, you cannot blamed the guy, he only did his job.

What would I do to redeem myself to you? I promise from now on, your safety comes first. I wouldn't lie to you again, I can swear to you that I've  learned my lesson.
Please give me another chance Alex begs, I promise I won't let you down, you deserve to be treated like a queen, you are my queen.

Seeing Alexander like this humbled himself , Cassie's heart is already melted. She know a man like him full of pride don't apologize to anyone, but he did it for her. She cannot bear it anymore to see him like this, so she only did what her heart yearns to do, to forgive him.

It's alright Alex, I know how much you regretted your action, and I know what you did is unintentional. I'll forgive you , but you have to promise me never to lie from me again, because I hate when people betrayed my trust. I don't know if I would be able to forgive you the second time.

A sigh of relief scaped from Alex lips, he admit he is in turmoil of what if Cassie won't be able to forgive him,. But one thing is for sure on his heart and mind, he won't give up on Cassandra . She is worth everything he got and deserves much more of himself.