Chapter 21

Alex wakes up early eventhough he didn't get enough sleep last night thinking of Cassandra. Still, it feels like he's radiating with energy, he wonders if she's awake already and remembers what happened.

Seeing the unit Cassie stayed in, it finally dawned in him, that' s where Mary's niece Alice occupied. So that means...are they related? or just a friend visiting.
He had a vague memory of what Alice looks like, she's a brunette like her aunt, while Cassie is blond. She doesn't resembles any of them, including Ben.

Of course he wouldn't ask Mary about it, it would have been awkward. No time to ponder, he headed to the bathroom.

Refreshed enough, he called his chauffer to bring the car in. Thinking of many pending documents that he have to sign and review, he sigh... luckily, there will be no meeting scheduled today.

Arriving at the lobby he didn't see Jimmy, maybe his in the night shift. How he wanted to punched the scumbag last night.

Conversing Cassie but act like a pervert, he can't keep his eyes roaming at her body, and damn the woman she's so oblivious or drunk enough to noticed.

If not for his presence showed up on time, for sure the guy had his fill. He had to fire him, he wouldn't let Cassie surrounded by men like him..

Is this what jealousy feels like? If this other woman, he wouldn't even bat an eye. But for Cassie, he felt very possesive towards her, and certainly he woudn't like any competition.

She's mine...Alex thought, the devil already claimed her.

Jolted from his irksome thoughts, he arrived in his building without notice, judging from the look of his personal drive / body guard they've been here for a quite while now. Mike must have wondered what is wrong with me.

Entering the lobby, some employees loitered around greeted him.They don't have time to hide, but to their surprise, he greeted them back.

Whispering what happened to their Boss, they rarely heard him making courtesy towards his employees. Maybe it's related to the gossip, maybe what is said is true about his relationship towards the famous model.

Arriving at his office, he see Mary busy reading something in her desk.

Morning Mary! he greeted her  with his usual authoritative voice and his rarest smile  reserved only for the people he cared about.

Mary is so surprise that she didn't have time to hide the magazine.

Alex pick it up, he would have ask Mary what is all about when he notice his picture and Katherine plastered in the front page.

By anyone looking at it, they're very involve intimately based on their posture. What vexed him most, is the caption behind it.

" Blackhurst and Howard, finally  joined hand in business."

He crumpled the magazine and throw it in the trash. That's where it belong, Alex said in a cold voice.

That bitch...she played me well, and if she thinks she comes out from this unscathed, that's her biggest mistake. Let's see if she still have a career after this, no one uses my name for their own gain, especially a Howard.

Turning to Mary Alex ask, you didn't think what's written is true right?

Not for a second I would believe it, what worries me are the investors. We know you're still negotiating the contract with them, how would they react? You know they don't like to be associated with the Howard's because they are notorious from being unethical in their business dealings.That's why the choose Blackhurst with their business to begin with. Considering your acquisition of some of the Howard's assets, and if the words get out that you're the one buying their stocks anonymously, would they think that this is just a ploy to manipulate them?

Leave it to me, I know how to handle the investors. They trusted me to begin with and they know my integrity in the business. Besides, they need me more than I need them.

Do I need to call Mr. Anderson the head of our legal team to fix the issue?

No it's okay Mary, I have to deal with it personally. Now the Howard's just add enough ammunition for me to burn them down. They've been a menace eversince, it's highly time I have to pluck the thorn in my side.

Mary observing Alexander's face, is not surprise to see he had the look of an avenging angel or might say a devil...that's what everybody called. She cannot wait to see the Howard's downfall. If someone have to brought them down to their knees, that would be Alexander. She knows how long Alex have waited to avenge his parents death. He confide to her about his suspicion in the ivolvement of the old George Howard .

Mary remembers few days before the accident George Howard visited Alex father in his office. Back then she is his secretary also, she heard some commotion so she barged the office to investigate, there she saw Mr. Howard pinned down in the floor by Alex Dad. Before he was dragged by the guards, she heard him shout threatening words to kill the Blackhurst family. Alex woud have been in the accident too, if not he got sick that day so stayed home. His parents attended the annual gala for the Blackhurst company the day it happened.
It is a sad day for everyone specially Alex who was only 15 at that time. It's the biggest news in New York for a long time.

Back in Alex office, he called his head of security Eric Anderson.

Eric, find me all about Katherine Howard modelling contracts. I want you to do something, I don't care what method you will use as long as she cannot work in the industry again.

In the other line Eric said it would cost Alex a lot of money buying Katherine's contract.
She is not an ordinary model, she's famous in fact.

Never mind the cost, as long as the end result is in my satisfaction. You know that industry, your career won't last especially you're not getting any younger, she's in her 30's now.

There's a lot younger and more beautiful women who could topple Katherine's reign in modelling. Until now, she remains on top because of the influence of her family, but that wouldn't be for long, Alex promised.

I expect the result as soon as possible, call me then. Alex hang up but he still wore the same grim expression, his jaw tick from irritation. The thought of Cassandra might saw the magazine and what impression would it mean for her bothers him. He didn't know why but it's unsettling for him to feel this way. He had the sudden urge to see her and explain that what was written in the magazine is all lies. Alex sigh, damn...what was in that woman that he cannot helped but think of her all the time. Cassandra... he whisper her name in silence and with a lingering smile, his mood has been lift up remembering her image last night.